NRL coverage

According to the Daily Telegraoh there is a league called who has been demoted of their league caller role.

Anyone else thinking it’s Dan Ginnane

If it’s Dan Ginnane, Nine should sign him up now for the upcoming season, so the network can rely less on Ray Hadley or Tim Gilbert as second commentator.

Dan Ginnane denied it was him on twitter yesterday.

Could be Andrew Moore

If it’s him, maybe ABC wants Richard Svenson to do more matches?

Maybe it’s Richard Svenson?

Assuming he’s Sydney based, there aren’t that many main callers. Is Anthony Maroon still commentating for Triple M? The only others I can think of are David Morrow and Chris Warren from 2GB.

I wonder who ABC also has to call nRL matches? Craig Hamlton?

They have heaps the ABC.
Maroon will still be calling he was doing a music shift a couple of weeks ago.

I’m totally unsure on who it could be.

Also nine have ISP coverage this year and with Dan no longer doing DSL I would’ve be surprised to see him there.

I’m thinking it’s Andrew Moore?

Big step backwards for the ABC if that’s the case. Best caller by far, actually has a personality unlike many people on there.

2 Likes

I was listening to the Rush Hour with MG on Friday. Anthony Maroon was co hosting. Maroon said that he and MG will be working a lot together on Thursday night Football.
Dan was host most of the time last year on Thursdays,

1 Like

strong text 1116 SEN MELBOURNE IS BRUADCASTING NRL IN 20-18 I HAVE BEEN TEARING SIME ADS SAY THIS ON 1116 SEN IF DAN GINNANE IS LOOKING FOR A JIB AT AS A RUGBY LEAGUE CALLER COME SIGN WITH 1116 SEN AS CHIEF RUGBY LEAGUE CALLER FOR SEN 116.

Are you sure? SEN already has its hands full with AFL coverage via its own team and AFL Nation (Crocmedia). It also broadcasts VFL matches via Aussie Digital radio. Doesn’t leave much space for NRL broadcasts.

This could work. They did used to take MML’s Continuous Call Team. Plus they only get sloppy thirds when it comes to AFL matches.

I refer you to the post made earlier in this thread:

2 Likes

Well it’s not Morrow or Chris Warren as Morrow was on CCT today and he was joking him and Warren will practice next week at the double header.

strong textWITH SEN’S BROADCAST OF THE NRL WILL HAVE ONE OF ANTHONY HUDSON, JACK HEVERIN, GERARD WHATELEY, PETER DONEGAN OR STEPEHN QUATERMAIN WILL BE COIMMENTATING ALONGSIDE ONE OR TWO rUGBY LEAGUE EX PALYERS AS EXPERT COMMENTATORS. THIS IS HOW SEN’S BROADCAST OF NRL WORKS NOW THE NRL WILL BE BROADCAST ON SEN

No. Getting any of those guys to do NRL is like getting Barnaby Joyce to commentate on homosexual rugby.

3 Likes

It seems like Crocmedia has secured some of the NRL radio rights. While this isn’t public knowledge yet, a placeholder website has been established which today (before the ‘coming soon’ message now seen appeared) had a list of some (if not all) of the analysts who’ll be involved in their coverage.

Some of the names include Gary Belcher (who already presents Sportsday QLD for Crocmedia), Laurie Daley, Steve Roach and Renee Gartner:

5 Likes