NRL coverage

Blanchy is also the EP for KO’s Footy Coverage.

Yeah Butterbox Matthews was on the sideline in csnberra when he worked for Mix Shaun Gough in Melbourne.

But ABC always has done games from the ground, expect for one Darwin game a few years ago that was heard on Coast FM.

2GB not do out of Sydney games from the venue either, ABC is authentic and paid by the tax payer, It’s cheaper to do a studio call while not authentic it works.

This Sunday South Sydney plays Melbourne at Perth’s NIB Stadium, but the match won’t be broadcast on radio in Perth because it overlaps with the AFL clash between Fremantle and Carlton at Subiaco.

And the interesting thing is that the AFL clash between Fremantle and Carlton at Subiaco will be on radio in regional NSW!

2GB has even done some games in Sydney from the studio supposedly due to lack of broadcast facilities at the venue.

You get the feeling it won’t be long before all games are broadcast from the studio.

I’d rather the call from the ground personally but your right.

1 Like

Another Sydney game being done out of the studio at 2GB due to “logistical” reasons.

1 Like

Penrith is so far away :slight_smile:. I am now a loyal abc grandstand listener.

1 Like

On Triple M’s NRL coverage last night they were still referring to some regional Triple M stations by their previous names, they even mentioned “4MB Maryborough” when it hasn’t been called that for probably 15 years now.

1 Like

2GB calling both 2pm and 4pm games today which I think is an arrangement with Triple M which allowed them to call the Friday 8pm game.

If Mark Levy is the heir apparent to Ray Hadley, he needs to actually start calling games. It’s a strange situation with him as the broadcaster doing co-commentator while the former NRL player Chris Warren does play-by-play commentary.

His surname probably gives the clue why. His dad and Hadley are mates.

1 Like

Mark Levy might not be a lead caller.

Alister Nicholson commentated yesterday’s NRL qualifying final between Melbourne and Parramatta at AAMI Park for ABC Radio. I think this is the first NRL match he called since moving from Brisbane two years ago.

1 Like

I’m surprised he did that game instead of Andrew Moore.

Don’t know why, game in Sydney straight after so he wouldn’t need to travel to call a more meaningful game (elimination final). I assume Gavel was in Perth calling the Wallabies too.

Phil Rothfield writes in The Sunday Telegraph today that an AM commercial network could make a joint bid for NRL radio rights with 2GB.

1 Like

Probably a deal with BOG and Crocmedia.

Guy Ashford is adament it’s not 2SM