NRL coverage

Is that all produced in house or using Craig’s calls/crew for any?

Triple M does their own coverage

2 Likes

I believe that the Warriors-Broncos match will be heard in Sydney. The MMM site says that AFL will be on digital radio?

I heard a promo on Wednesday for the Swans game against Collingwood on 104.9, so I daresay that they will cross to that to right on full time of Warriors v Broncos, as that’s when the AFL is about to start.

But Sydney v Collingwood is on tonight (Friday) while Warriors v Broncos is on Saturday. Unless Triple M Sydney is broadcasting Gold Coast v Geelong as well? That game starts at 7.25pm after Warriors-Broncos clash.

Oh sorry, I should have said after Manly v Gold Coast.

The world cup of cricket will start soon, I wonder if the only way to listen to the nrl on the abc will be on analog and online. I suspect on dab it will be all cricket. In the old days they use to have abc extra for the ashes etc…

Given the timezone factor, there probably won’t be any overlaps (unless it’s an all day game).

The NRL night games will overlap with World Cup day games due to 9 hour time difference, 10.30am start for the cricket in UK equates to 7.30pm AEST. It will affect NRL coverage on both ABC and Macquarie Sports Radio.

The ABC could use the Kids channel as overflow. It was the Extra channel before they allocated it to kids.

They won’t bother - the tendency is to guide people towards overflow streams on the ABC Listen app / ABC Radio website now

4 Likes

Triple M coverage for Round 12 (no match broadcast on Saturday)
Thursday - Panthers v Sea Eagles
Friday - Eels v Rabbitohs
Sunday - Titans v Cowboys

NRL Nation coverage for Round 12
Thursday - Panthers v Sea Eagles
Sunday - Titans v Cowboys

2 Likes

State of Origin opener will be broadcast on Triple M Melbourne and Adelaide tonight, not digital radio. Broadcast details:
From 6pm (AEST): Triple M Sydney, Triple M Brisbane and right around the country via the Triple M NRL App for a special Rush Hour with MG and Dobbo crossover.

From 7pm (AEST): Triple M Melbourne, Triple M Adelaide, Triple M Newcastle, Triple M Coffs Harbour, Triple M Central West, Triple M Riverina MIA, Triple M Mid-North Coast, Triple M Riverina, Triple M Bundy, Triple M Cairns, Triple M Mackay, Triple M Fraser Coast, Triple M Darling Downs, Triple M Central Queensland, Triple M Townsville, Gold Coast’s Gold FM and Gosford’s 2GO FM.

Kickoff 8pm (AEST) with your call team: Mark Geyer, Wendell Sailor, Ryan Girdler, Ben Dobbin and Dan Ginnane.

NRL Nation coverage for Round 13
Friday - Rabbitohs v Knights
Saturday - Warriors v Storm
Sunday - Panthers v Roosters
Monday - Bulldogs v Dragons
NRL Nation’s coverage of State of Origin details here

2 Likes

I’m a bit surprised that Triple M Albury / Wodonga isn’t listed there… I can understand Shepparton, Bendigo, Mildura and Hobart not taking it though.

2 Likes

If it’s not going to the VIC and SA regionals, no need for it to be going to the metros too

1 Like

I can understand Melbourne taking it, where there an NRL presence in the Storm.

But yes, not Adelaide either…

It’s already live on 9 & 9HD there, I don’t think there is enough interest in Adelaide to warrant radio coverage too.

1 Like

It’s also better than their awful metro nights offering.

1 Like

With the recent sale of 2BS Bathurst to Caralis, the station now carries NRL Nation from Crocmedia, starting from tonight’s Game 1 of State of Origin. It previously carried the Continuous Call Team.

That means people in Bathurst who want to continue listen to the Continuous Call Team would have to tune to 2LT from Lithgow.

4 Likes

Unless another station in the area is taking either Continuous Call Team or NRL Nation coverage of State of Origin?

Can’t imagine 2AY doing it given their 3AW ties.