NRL coverage

Would Triple M Albury/Wodonga be taking Triple M’s coverage of SOO?

The station isn’t listed as taking SOO, so I say it’s unlikely.

Here in Melbourne, SOO is broadcast on ABC 774, SEN, MSR and Triple M.

1 Like

Neither Triple M Albury or 2AY are taking Origin coverage tonight, both are running with regular programming. The only station taking Origin here is the ABC.

3 Likes

I was actually more surprised Gold FM was listed, they normally don’t take ANY NRL games off the MMM network (they only act as a host broadcaster for Suns games).

2 Likes

Triple M coverage for Round 13
Tonight - Rabbitohs v Knights
Saturday - Warriors v Storm (not broadcast on Triple M Brisbane)
Sunday - Broncos v Titans (not broadcast on Triple M Sydney), Panthers v Roosters
Monday - Dragons v Bulldogs

2 Likes

It’s a wank factor, Fitzy wants to spread his ‘premium content’ as far as he can push it.

Nice to have one less station for the egos in Pyrmont to puff their chests about.

Diversity in the region for all three markets to have different footy taste.

1 Like

Probably then explains why Triple M Sydney gets AFL EVERY Saturday night regardless of whether the Swans/Giants are playing or not?

1 Like

I’d say so.

Plus the fact they’re mysteriously bereft of a music programming idea for Saturday.

The more own content they play, the more they save on music royalties, same reason Luke Bona is on for five or more hours weekdays. Last year, he was comprising a quarter of the weekday content with as few as two songs an hour. Significant saving when few are listening.

NRL Nation coverage for Round 14
Thursday - Raiders v Sharks
Friday - Titans v Warriors
Saturday - Storm v Knights
Sunday - Roosters v Bulldogs

Triple M coverage for Round 14
Thursday - Raiders v Sharks
Friday - Titans v Warriors
Saturday - Storm v Knights (not broadcast on Triple M Brisbane), Rabbitohs v Panthers (not broadcast on Triple M Brisbane), Eels v Broncos (not broadcast on Triple M Sydney)
Sunday - Roosters v Bulldogs (Triple M Brisbane only, no radio broadcast in Sydney or regional areas)

2 Likes

It’s funny how GOLD don’t take any NRL games but host the AFL. They don’t even take Titans games. Why are they doing that?

I can correct you on the no radio coverage of the Sunday game- Doesn’t even list MMM taking the Giants match on FM.

2GO at Gosford are a bit similar in that they often air Swans games but don’t seem to take any NRL, albeit that there’s no local team.

Perhaps it’s the metro overlap with SYD/BNE Triple M stations that discourages them from taking NRL.

I agree it’s weird - It would be like K-Rock Geelong taking a Storm game instead of the Cats. Can’t ever imagine that happening!

1 Like

I dare say that’d be it.

Will the Origin game be on any Perth radio stations this Sunday, since it’s being played there?

Would like to see Mix94.5 take the Triple M call, 720 ABC might cover it, Sport FM 90.5 would?

91.3 SportFM is taking the NRL Nation (Crocmedia) call. Macquarie Sports Radio Perth on DAB+ will no doubt take the 2GB call.

3 Likes

ABC will broadcast Origin across Australia, including 720 Perth.

2 Likes

Thanks, didn’t realise they had changed licences/frequency.

Mix94.5 Perth will not broadcast State of Origin game 2 this Sunday. Such a shame.
The list of Triple M stations taking Origin 2 is here

2 Likes

ABC Adelaide’s AFL commentator Joel Peterson is sideline reporter for the radio coverage of NRL match at Adelaide Oval tonight between Sydney Roosters and Melbourne.

Triple M coverage for Round 15
Tonight - Dragons v Cowboys
Saturday - Titans v Sea Eagles then Knights v Broncos
Sunday - Bulldogs v Sharks

NRL Nation coverage for Round 15
Last night - Tigers v Rabbitohs
Tonight - Dragons v Cowboys
Saturday - Titans v Sea Eagles
Sunday - Bulldogs v Sharks

2 Likes

Listened to a bit of 2GB on the way home from the SCG. Anthony Griffin sounds like he has something shoved up his nose, down his throat and up his arse. Whose idea was to let him near a microphone?

2 Likes