Nova Network

No. There is a new version, now with some navy added- I posted a picture above from the studio door at Nova 100.
It doesn’t seem to fit the new branding though, nor is it being used in their advertising, so it looks like it might be joining Dr Dan as a mascot that still exists but it barely ever used.

1 Like

What are the old duo doing now? I quite liked listening to them.

It was Jason Smith on late nights last year. The duo you are referring to only did it for Summer. Jimmy and Nath can be found on Sunday nights.

1 Like

It’s not. It’s a completely different font. Look at the “a”.

I don’t understand why there is a gap in the “o” in the new logo though. :confused: It looks like a needle on a turntable which would be way too retro for a “fresh hits” station. :wink:

1 Like

Those new logos & branding for Nova look OK, but I think it would’ve been nice to incorporate “Nova Boy” somewhere into the mix. Perhaps next to the frequency in the station logos?

1 Like

Maybe it is time for Nova Boy to meet Nova Girl. He has been single for 16 years now.

3 Likes

Nova100 have posted a pic on Instagram of their new street team signage, including a new inflatable Novaboy.

6 Likes

I like the addition of blue. Too late to adjust the “o” in the logo then. :wink:

I thought it was supposed to represent an earphone

6 Likes

I guess it could be.

Anyway, it’s weird. So on first glance I read it as an “a”. Nava. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But then I thought, hang on a sec, the second “a” is different. So the first one must be an “o”. :laughing: They might have to fill the gap with blue, in future.

That’s why I said it was a beats rip off. The colours, but mostly the earphone representation.

Anyone else reckon Beats are getting their legal documents ready?

Nope, don’t think it looks similar in the slightest.

1 Like

New Nova TVC http://players.brightcove.net/8394117001/589d14a8-83bb-4bee-bdb1-471fd73dd41a_default/index.html?videoId=5307480821001

1 Like

I just wish this was the truth all the time. They should dump their rubbish 90s throwbacks and widen their playlist so they play more fresh music including music outside the top 50 singles and stuff from popular albums which don’t make the singles charts.

3 Likes

Wow. Feels like a complete 180 from the old branding, and not in a good way. The walking celebrity style ad, the end tag (the font on freshest) and the jingle feels like something Mix would have come out with in 2010. And not to mention the terrible green screen lighting, especially on Ed. I wasn’t a fan when Today became Hit, but at least their new branding had some kind of identity, this just feels bland and generic. Sorry Nova, not a fan.

2 Likes

This is why JJJ has such a clutch on many young folk, sure JJJ’s always had that branding and push and yes, Nova does play these songs after they’ve been popular on JJJ (ie Flume & RÜFÜS) but more people want to hear Aussie talent other than the very commercial ones.

Nova (Hit, KIIS etc) kinda all play to the narrative that there’s not much good Aussie talent then flood the playlist with American/ British tracks.

EDIT: I mean I’m not saying they should Aussie it up, just diversify their playlist and have people be introduced to some fantastic artists they mightn’t have known existed. /END EDIT

Nova is probably the biggest offender of this - the same 12 songs in their playlist and most of all the direction of their network, going from sounding different to sounding the same in the space of around sixteen years.

I agree, it’s really bad. It’s far too generic. Removing Novaboy from the logo is a shit move.

The main problem I have is that it looks like branding for an easy listening station. There’s a big disconnect between what you hear on air and what’s conveyed in this promo image:

3 Likes

The whole ad, logo and look all reeks Mix. All they need is a really long slogan to make the transformation to be the new Mix complete (XYZ’s freshest mix of today’s hits with lots of pommie voices)…actually, I am being unfair to Mix - they at least had local DJ’s after 9am. Even most country radio stations have more local content that Nova100!

Anyway kudoes to the management at Nova Entertainment for trying something that sounds the same with always more than two ads in a row.

3 Likes