Nova Network

Just in case anyone has been living under a rock… Nov106.9 has the BEST playlist in Australia.

Tell me any station that beats it in this category.

1 Like

I agree with that, finely Nova 96.9 is starting to play a couple of the throwbacks that would only get played on Nova 106.9.

I also enjoy the playlist of Eagle / Snow fm. But Nova 106.9 is the best by far.

East coast stations Nova 96.9 / 100 and 106.9 should all go off the Nova 106.9 log.

Nova 919 and Nova 937 should stay on the Nova 937 log, as it has proven successful so far in Adelaide in the past survey.

1 Like

Had to laugh listening to KTM podcast this week, they played the new track Blow by Stapleton/Sheeran/Mars and Marty interrupted Tim coming back from the song asking if “Nova were aware that song had a guitar in it” haha. Good to hear something that wasn’t Dua Lipa or Pink being played.

4 Likes

Hit105 or Fox FM probably beat Nova in the CHR category

Listening a bit to hit105 too and I am finding Nova106.9 beats them with more CHR variety though.

2 Likes

IMO the playlist of Nova 96.9 is greatly improving, and it is good to see them trying new things and getting some more alternative songs on.

In the past week I heard the Bad Touch, by the Bloodhound Gang. Today they played two throwbacks that are first plays for them which are regulars on Nova 106.9, Cinema by Benny Benassi, and Shimmer by Fuel.
Much better then the Dj has us falling in love which got played daily under their Greatest Shits Workday.

These songs are getting played on Smalzy’s morning show. After 12pm it goes back to the standard Nova 96.9 playlist that is shared with Nova 100.

Nova 96.9 is getting closer to being a Nova 106.9 lite!!!

1 Like

I heard that one and I was shocked to hear it. They need more like it and less of the ten artists that get played incessantly Lady Gaga, Justin Timberlake, Beyonce, Bruno Mars, Rihanna, Ed Sheeran etc

1 Like

I could go without hearing Fuel on a hit music station to be honest.

1 Like

For me it was Cinema, great to hear that one get a play.

BTW great Podcast on Radio Today interviewing Smallzy. He said management are trying to mix things up and giving him more freedom to break new music on his morning show.
I have noticed this and the more alt throwbacks.
His morning show is live and nights are now prerecorded.

4 Likes

Heard a CommSec finance report on Nova 100 just after 8am today. Is it for promotion or is Nova serious about news?
CommSec analysts are also heard on ABC News Radio at 6.35am AEST on weekdays.

Heard it on Nova 96.9 last Friday at 7am. When I heard it I thought WTF this does not really fit a CHR station who’s biggest audience is in the under 30 demos.

1 Like

If NE refuse funeral businesses on Smooth, they should’ve passed on this.

3 Likes

I’ve gotta say the Nova 919/937 Friday feels log sounds a lot like Nova 106.9 did a few years back when they had features like Oldskool week and Facebook Friday’s.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Nova Brisbane don’t share their log because of the interactions etc. always feels a little more like they actually do some stuff on the fly. A bit like this morning when they played Sicko Mode at the end of the breakfast show :stuck_out_tongue:

As an aside, Radio App says “Fresh Hits” now instead of “Home of the Greatest Hits workday”

2 Likes

BTW the Nova 96.9 log was good between 9-12pm, but after 12pm they took the Melbourne playlist and it became a bit boring again.

What I have been noticing is Nova 96.9 are mixing things up on the morning Smallzy show with more out there throwbacks, but go back to the safe playlist that is heard on Nova 100 for DC’s show.

Why carn’t Nova 96.9 have their own playlist for both shows, considering Melbourne now have their own local shows?

1 Like

Amusing that they’re going back to the Melbourne log when Melbourne used to be force-fed shows and music from Sydney :smile:

1 Like

Melbourne is now the home of FM radio with most national shows and a lot of interstate breakfast being done here due to talent now.

3 Likes

On Air with Smallzy is now airing at 8am Saturdays too.

Smallzy has previously hosted the Saturday morning shift for roughly a year now but now the weekday show appears to be on Saturday’s now too.

2 Likes

DC’s shift on Nova 969 this afternoon has definitely been a bit more creative with their playlist. Not 9-12pm Smallzy creative but definitely a wider variety of hits.