Nova Network

In his place, Ben Latimer has been appointed to the dual program director role for Nova 93.7 Perth in addition to Nova 91.9 Adelaide.

Latimer was previously PD for Nova 96.9 in addition to his role in Adelaide, which he retains. He has also served as smoothfm program director.

1 Like

Looks like Paul is starting to squeeze Perth. Not good timing with ARN starting to invest in 96, that’s for sure.

1 Like

That would explain why both stations are now running off the same log.

Dave McClung is employed by Nova in Perth and produces logs for 93.7

Dave moved to Pyrmont last year as Nova 96.9 Operations Manager - https://www.radiotoday.com.au/nova-perths-dave-mcclung-moves-to-nova-96-9-sydney/

oops, midnight madness, forgot!

Just had a look on Lava which confirms this -
Nova 919: July 5th, 2019 - 9am-4pm ACST
Nova 937: July 5th, 2019 - 9am-4pm AWST

And yes, they really played ABBA.

Yes they did!! They may have dropped the Great Hits Work Day but, Nova 937, Nova 919 and Nova 106.9 are really going older in their playlists especially on Friday’s. An
ABA song from 1975 on Nova 919 / Nova 937, Electric Blue by Ice House on Nova 106.9.

The Nova 96.9 / 100 log would be the most modern but their throwbacks are the safest and the same ones played every Friday. Don’t have the variety of the other stations which we have been commenting on.

I’ve given up after hearing the same mouldy oldie tracks three or four times in the same week. I listen to The Edge on weekdays now and only listen to Fitzy and Wipp at breakfast and Kate, Tim and Marty in drive but flick between stations when the rubbish oldies are on.

1 Like

Are Fitzy and Wippa on their two week break now?

Yes, they are. Seems like they took it to coincide with school holidays rather than the survey break.

I wonder if it’s just one week though.

Fitzy said a couple of weeks off on Friday at the end of the show.

So everyone will be back live July 15 and they’ll be on repeats.

Not the best strategy.

1 Like

Oh ok makes sense. Sydney school holidays must always start one week later than Vic school hols

5 Likes
5 Likes

THAT’S the cheeky Nova brand I miss.

6 Likes

Listening to a bit of Kate, Tim and Marty on Snow Canberra. It’s like listening to school boy dirty talk in the playground that’s approaching Donald Trump style locker room talk. AKA, it’s rubbish.

1 Like

You have terrible taste

2 Likes