Nova Network

I think you’ll find the majority of that show was already pre-recorded. All the interviews that are posted online are recorded during the day, and the many of the elements used require some sort of audio production. So I’d say they’ve streamlined a process with a dedicated audio producer to piece it together during the day ready to roll out at night.

Smallzy will sound so out of place playing the Greatest Hits on Nova.
I will say it again Nova’s positioner needs to be fresh hits and Throwbacks.
Breaking new music with two or three cool throwbacks an hour like in Brisbane.

PJ the announcers are not the problem it is your playlist. You got to 1# CHR in Sydney when you added variety to the playlist. You lost your audience when you then put the same tired old songs, and same repeated top 40 songs on repeat each day.

Brisbane has got it right, Nova Sydney’s playlist should be a mix of Nova Brisbane and Sea Fm Gosford.

BTW what is the lineup for Nova 919??

1 Like

Yes, why can’t they see that Brisbane is number one for that reason?

2 Likes

Is this going to be a music shift? Or a “personality” driven show, with 6-7 songs an hour?

9am-1pm Rosie Panetta
1-3pm Jamie Row
3-4pm Tim Blackwell (KTM replays, voicetracked from Sydney)
4-6pm Kate, Tim & Marty

2 Likes

Will Melbourne, Adelaide, and Sydney stay on the same music log or will they finally have dedicated music logs tailored to each market?

I honestly can’t understand any radio station that think the announcer has almost any effect on workday ratings. People are just not listening for a guy (by the way what happened to employing females on a CHR workday? I miss Jody and Harlee and Kelli and Ellie etc.) to say ‘another great song coming up, first here’s something that happened on the breakfast show, now it’s another song I love that i’ve talked into 30 times in the past 6 hours, it’s nova’. They’re listening for the music.

5 Likes

Nah but his mornings ‘show’ will be.

The change in announcer will have zero impact on the ratings, it is the music that is the problem at Nova 96.9 and Nova 100.

If Smallzy whole morning show sounds voice tracked the ratings will probably get worse. Nova should promote Miriam Young move her to Sydney and give her the Nova 96.9 morning shift to broadcast live.

1 Like

I don’t get why getting Matt Tilley in which is a costly move would be more effective than a music jock?

Wouldn’t it be good if this workday shakeup also marked the end of the Greatest Hits format.

2 Likes

Yes but the talent they’ve hired or shuffled is older which suggests they aren’t going younger

It would seem like this is the case.

A good reminder the night show, not local to any city, is not live either. Pre-recorded networking.

Not as costly as when he was on bfast, he’s taken a massive hit to keep working within radio. Clearly loves being on air, otherwise would be in an EP role or programming. The old boys support network at SCA would’ve had him years ago if that was his thing.

Working for Nova, surely then on the shortlist for moving to Smooth should a vacancy arise.

He’s still doing six hours of content a day. That’s a lot when you consider most shows are three hours and some are only two hours.

Sure, that’s a lot albeit within a music format.

The best advantage radio has is being a live broadcast medium and the benefits of how that can be used. By prerecording nights, they’ve lost that advantage.

Aka his ego wouldn’t let him demoted himself to something as lowly as ‘EP’

It’s not like breakfast talent became breakfast talent because they were so good behind the scenes they had nowhere else to go but on-air…

When you present the most youthful show on a network that’s cutting like no tomorrow and positioning themselves older, I think you do what you gotta don’t you?

So has Greg Burns returned to the UK?

No, he’s been posting photos from Australia on his Instagram account since mid January. His latest posts have all been from Melbourne.

Perhaps he’s still on contract otherwise his work visa would’ve expired by now?

This was a blunder for Nova that isn’t discussed widely.

2 Likes