Nova Network

Hilarious, they can’t get their faux localism right.

What show do Ash, Kip and Luttsy do for Broncos games? Duration? Content?

I believe it’s 6-7pm from outside Suncorp stadium before every Broncos game.

1 Like

Been listening to Nova 100 this morning when this (presumably) new sweeper caught my ear:
Feel Good… Hit Music on Nova

Sounds like 2DayFM might be having an effect after all

Yes. I noticed they started using that on Monday. No longer Fresh. Now imitating Hit.

Jacko will be happy only adding one more thing to the plagiarism list on what is the Hit Network

Isn’t 2DAY More music More Variety (which in itself is plagiarised off KBIG LA)?

Or any Australian or international radio station that wheeled it out at some stage over the past 60 years.

3 Likes

To be honest, that one actually reminded me more of Star 104.5 on the Central Coast who use the very similar “More Music Variety” as their tagline.

And who owns Star 104.5? Nova Entertainment.

1 Like

… which is plagiarised from Heart London…

Talk about the circle of life.

I think the days of good positioners are gone. Which station Sounds Different, or is open to declaring that it’s Where No Wrinklies Fly?

If you’ll excuse me, I’m off to hear some Fresh Hits and First Plays. Whatever that means.

1 Like

Isn’t KIIS1065 plagiarized off 102.7 KIIS FM in LA?? seriously every station/network does it but In Australia it tends to be Nova that tries to be like someone else

1 Like

The ultimate ripoff. And why do it?

1 Like

Bring back TTFM

1 Like

Nova 96.9 = 95.8 Capital Fm London.
In playlist and sound of the station.

Capital however uses the positioner “London’s #1 Hit music Station”
which was used by 2Day Fm in their old format.

Kiss 100 use “The Beat of the UK” I remember when this was used in Australia as the Beat of the 90’s on the old X107 in Newcastle and 2XL when they were a CHR station. This is probably better in Radio history forum as I am getting off track.

1 Like

I would say every metro station in Aus copies/borrows from overseas stations almost as much as each other. Nova is certainly bad for it, but no worse than KIIS or Hit.

Well isn’t their group programming director ex-Capital?

I personally would prefer some original ideas across the board and across networks but I don’t think there’s gonna be much of that happening anytime soon…

1 Like

Fitzy & Wippa’s panel op is leaving to join Hit96.9 breakfast in Shepparton.
How convenient, moving to a station with the same frequency: 96.9 - shouldn’t be too hard to remember :joy:

4 Likes

Fitzy throwing shade on Nova yet again.

When discussing whether they will be playing any new tracks off a new album.
Fitzy: Our research department rang eight people over the weekend and they didn’t like it, so we won’t be playing it. :joy:

A few weeks ago Nova put on a native advert on their live streaming through the Nova app and on Radio app which has ruined it.

Now every time the connection drops out, you are forced to listen to the same 30 second advert every time it reconnects. You end up missing the shows you are listening to because you’re forced to listen to the advert over and over again.

It just made me realise how many blackspots you encounter on public transport of walking along the street. Also happens when you accidentally pause the app, pull your headphones out or surfing the net at the same time and encounter a video which overrides it.

This intrusive advertising has ruined the experience for me. KIiS and 2Day don’t do it so you can stay tuned into those stations and keep listening to the shows without much disruption.

4 Likes

This drives me crazy. I have a commute with a few minor deadspots, before a huge extended one. I used to listen to Nova until I hit the true dead-spot on my commute, but now this ad makes me just stop as soon as I hit my first drop out. I remember the 2Day FM app doing this sort of thing a few months ago, but this Nova ad even happens in third-party radio apps.

1 Like