Nova Network

You’ve got to be joking. There are at least 40 other songs on their playlist they could play. They don’t need to resort to playing any song twice in two hours.

If you’re a regular listener it’s repetitive beyond belief. It’s no wonder they say that people only listen to the radio for 90 minutes these days. It’s because they keep repeating the same shit not because they don’t like radio.

Fitzy and Tim Blackwell regularly take the piss out of this now. Yesterday Marty made a joke about taking over packaging merchandise to be sent out to listeners during the songs. He said he could see himself doing that during Despacito and Tim replied "Yeah, you mean like 4 times every hour? :joy:

Does anyone know what is happening with Greg Burns? Is he simply on leave or has he left Nova?

2 Likes

I’d say holidays. Fitzy and Wippa are also off for two weeks now.

Greg’s been away already for about two weeks. I’m wondering if he’ll be on winter breakfast again this year.

You could be right

I get that, and do agree. But also, at that time of day chances are you arent listening at 6.08 & 8.42 and can see why they high rotate the current hits.

Yeah it’s maddening, I just listen to their podcast now as I can’t stand the music.

I get frustrated and turn off too now and just listen to the podcast most days.

Still no Greg Burns… unless he’s just on leave?

Maybe he’s taking a longer break at this time of year to have a long summer holiday in Europe? Maybe that’s his arrangement for filling-in for others when they take their breaks.

Greg Burns is back on Nova Sydney.

and Melbourne…

I’m pretty sure Luke James (Manchild from Kyle and Jackie O) was just hosting on Nova this morning.

Continuing on from the repetition discussion - been listening to Chrissie, Sam & Browny this week…
Despacito’s been played at 8:50 three or four days in a row.

The same thing happens on Fitzy and Wippa. Some songs will be play in the first half the every day for four or five days in a row and others will play in the second half for four or five days in a row.

It’s like they decide that some songs are either more popular with older listeners or younger listeners and then only program then in early or late. Very annoying.

I could even maybe understand within the same hour, but the exact same time every day…??

Sounds like a nightmarish version of Groundhog Day.

1 Like

:joy: It was exactly like Groundog Day one week when we had the same track play first thing in the morning for three out of five days.

Peter Ford claimed today that Sam Frost was joining Fitzy and Wippa as a maternity leave fill-in for Sarah McGilvray. Nova denies any knowledge of that claim.
https://radioinfo.com.au/news/sam-frost-revive-radio-career

2 Likes

How would she fit it in with Home and Away filmimg?

Would be interesting to see her on though. I think she’d do well with the boys who’ve been on since 2011.