Nova Network

Axed Nova Breakfast co-host Sarah MacGilvray featured in the opinion segment on Weekend Today. Is this the first time she has done something like this on television?

3 Likes

Listened to a bit of Fitzi, Whippa and Kate today. Was good, very much reminded me of the first few years with Kate Tim and Marty. I think Kate is great on radio, which I know isn’t exactly the same opinion as alot of members here.

I also listened to Joel Tim and Ricki Lee twice this week and both times I switched station. That show went down hill when Marty left, but now … oh boy. Terrible mess.

5 Likes

Sadly also I think Marty’s show on 3MMM has also been impacted since his departure.

The chemistry was brilliant at Nova. On his own, it’s just not the same dynamics.

2 Likes

He’s not on his own?

1 Like

Totally agree, I have not listened to the show since.
In Sydney the show has lost about 40% of it’s share since Marty left, now W&W have a sizeable lead.

2 Likes

I love his MMM show, disagree re chemistry I think the team works well. He also seems much happier than being a third banana.

5 Likes

It’s too screamy and has zero appeal to straight male listeners. And Tim is just allowed to waste everyone’s time with his nonsense.

3 Likes

Yeah I find Marty and Loren particularly have great chemistry.

3 Likes

Agree… I don’t like the Marty MMM show either.

Tim and Marty seemed to balance out well with either Meshal or Kate in the mix.

Separately, not great. The ratings also reflect that.

Yep, is really just a bunch of nonsense.

4 Likes

A sign of the times that Nova919 has lost its cool:

Could You Be Jodie & Hayesy’s Next Wednesday Weather Kid? - Nova FM

1 Like

Snow fm in Jindabyne having been doing that promo for quite some time now, where kids from Jindy primary school read the weather on the Breakfast show.

It has been over a decade now since Nova was cool.

2 Likes

Almost EVERY station did it back in the 90s.

They may as well have Nova919’s Secret Sound and 9@9 if that’s the direction they’re heading.

2 Likes

They’ve been doing the Wednesday weather kid back when it was still Ben & Liam.

1 Like

Oh goodness.

Bring back these days:

10 Likes

God that unlocked a memory

3 Likes

How can anyone dispute that logo and font type?

Always fun, funky and edgy.

The moment it changed is when it went downhill.

7 Likes

This is a network where its best performing station has had the same breakfast hosts for over 20 years, any “cool” factor is long gone.

8 Likes
2 Likes

I notice Kate Ritchie couldn’t be bothered working today with tomorrow being a public holiday

2 Likes

Did they say that was the reason for her absence?