Nova Network

Nova 100 turned 21 today.

8 Likes

Based on their Instagram, Ben, Liam and Belle are currently broadcasting to Melbourne from the Sydney studios.

It looks like Nova are going to use the summer to finish the move to South Melbourne. Christie, Sam and Brownie have been the only show broadcast from the Richmond studios since the start of November. I wonder why they needed to kick everyone out so early. Surely they’re getting all new studio tech and not relocating 21 year old gear. Anything more modern that they might move I’d have thought they’d still need in Richmond while CSB were there.

2 Likes

If Ben, Liam and Belle are broadcasting from Sydney at the moment, then where does Mel Tracina host her afternoon show from?

2 Likes

Is Nova 100 moving its facilities?

Listing to the Ben, Liam and Bella this morning for the first time… hopefully it builds, at the moment the energy just doesn’t seem to be there (yet).

2 Likes

Moving to SCAs old building in South Melbourne

3 Likes

There is more than one studio in Sydney. Fitzy and Wippa, Smallzy and Kate, Tim and Joel record stuff for their shows in a differnt studio than the one that is currently broadcasting live.

3 Likes

Mel is usually based in Melbourne but for the last few weeks the daytime announcers from Melbourne have been in Sydney.

4 Likes

Kate Richie feels she has been forced to issue a statement about why she has had to take a break after relentless pursuit from that filthy rag, The Daily Mail, about what she has been trying to deal with privately.

She has admitted to needing help when she realised she had an unhealthy reliance on alcohol and had been seeking professional help, while The Daily Mail was stalking her and trying to publicly shame her.

4 Likes
1 Like

I heard the remix of Won’t Forget You by Shouse on Nova in the Morning shift today. Good work adding this track to your playlist, Nova. It was only released in April this year. :roll_eyes:

They had previously only played this Late Nights after 10pm or on Smallzy’s Surgery after 7pm. Why can’t they play tracks like this when they are released rather than so many throwbacks from 20 years ago on high rotation .

6 Likes

Speaking of throwbacks - I think I may have heard “It Wasn’t Me” by Shaggy on the station recently while last Wednesday during the 12:00pm hour I heard “Breakeven” by The Script (still love that song, by the way).

And on Saturday just before 2:00pm I heard “Run” by Becky Hill/Galantis. Apparently that song was released in February this year but only heard it for the first time over the weekend.

3 Likes

They play some absolute shockers on high rotation. I just reach for the change station buttons in my car.

Having said that, I’m actually spinning out today because I’ve heard three fresh tracks and they’re all dance music which I’ve been saying Nova needs to jump on board. This afternoon I heard “You Know What I Need” by Pnau & Troye Sivan, then “Miss You” by Oliver Tree & Robin Schulz and also the Shouse song I mentioned above, suddenly on high rotation.

I hope this is a sign of things changing with the Nova playlist.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve noticed that Nova has recently been playing the same songs over and over for like the past two or three months, and not given any new music from fresh/upcoming artists (won’t name them) any airspace.

The only decent songs that are getting frequent airplay are “Snap” by Rosa Linn (which, by the way, has become the second-most streamed song by any Eurovision artist) and “Celestial” by Ed Sheeran. They’ve also been playing some old songs from artists who have new music out now.

1 Like

Ben, Liam and Belle on Nova 100 are still using the Adelaide SMS number (0400 919 919) this morning. I wonder if they’ll get a dedicated SMS line for Melbourne?

1 Like

What’s Nova doing for NYE? Anything special?

1 Like

Not in Sydney for NYE, but according to Lava it is pretty much their regular playlist.

2 Likes

Nova going hardcore with their NYE playlist
Last song for 2022, As it was - Harry Styles
First song for 2023, Remember - David Guetta, Becky Hill.

Songs that are featured on their work day playlist.

The Nova of 2001 would have been playing dance mixes which KIIS 106.5 would be doing tonight. It is so sad that Nova has become so lame!!!

11 Likes

:face_vomiting:
what a medicore ending to 2022 from Nova - I want this song to be heard much much less in 2023 from all stations

3 Likes

And more older music please.

Apparently it was the second-most played song on Australian radio in 2022, which I don’t mind given I do genuinely like this song.

Surprisingly, despite the song receiving its first airplay in February last year, it only peaked at #34 on the ARIA Charts in August. That came just three or four weeks before Guetta hit #1 with “I’m Good (Blue)” - a collaboration with Bebe Rexha.

1 Like