Nova Network

You should probably read / acknowledge the responses to your own posts ^ as a couple of posts up in this thread.

4 Likes

Noted.

Traditionally, it’s the big farewell OB that is done on the final show. Hence, it is a little unusual for Nova100 to do it this way.

I still recall Steve & Kim’s massive OB on their final brekkie show at NX-FM.

2 Likes

Ben, Liam and Belle will start their new breakfast show on Nova 100 next Monday (December 5) and will broadcast up to December 23, before taking a three-week break.

EDIT: Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth will get Smallazy’s All-Star Breakfast Show from next Monday until December 16.

4 Likes

Wow. Straight into it.

Why not.

As for Smallzy at breakfast - I’m not sure how that’ll go down.

5 Likes

Should not be an issue, ratings are done for the year, and Smallzy was on mornings on Nova 969 a few years ago.

Could Nova be planning on skewing slightly younger in 2023 considering Smallzy got Summer Breakfast.?

At the moment Nova is still following the Paul Jackson book of programming word for word.
It is time for out with the old and in with the new.

2 Likes

Nova96.9 is unfortunately stuck at the moment. They do not really have anyone younger to fill the shoes if/when Fitzy & Wippa move along.

Ben & Liam would be the obvious goal, but surely there is more younger talent out there.

3 Likes

I agree Ben & Liam are being groomed for Nova 969 Breakfast to eventually replace F&W.
KIIS will continue to dominate but Nova could be more competitive in other shifts if they could ever get the music right.

It can be done, ARN turned around WS fm. It was constantly rating below Nova, it got as high as #1 fm, and even knocked off K&J once.

Problem is Nova is programmed as a national network, all the big comps are national.
KIIS is programmed exclusively for Sydney and all their comps are for the Sydney market.

With K&J and localism you can see why KIIS is #1 and Nova is in the middle of the pack, and nothing will change while the status quo remains.

2 Likes

Nova needs to poach the likes of Will & Woody or Jimmy & Nath to replace F&W.

2 Likes

Chrissie, Sam and Browny wrapped up this morning after seven years on the air.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/confidential/chrissie-sam-and-brownys-farewell-filled-with-love-and-laughter/news-story/636983c56d511377667444f906cd55b9

From what I heard this morning, they finally gave away a Mitsubishi Mirage from the Jokes Aren’t Funny segment to a listener named Callum, whom the hosts judged to be the best contestant (not the winner) from Wednesday’s episode. They also played a couple of messages including those from Fitzy and Wippa, and Jase and Lauren from KIIS 101.1 (Lauren Phillips said it was her appearance on this show that spurred her interest in doing breakfast radio).

5 Likes

aim for youth by waiting for them to get old :rofl:

5 Likes

The Chrissie Swan Show will air from January 30. The show will air from 2pm-3pm weekdays and Jack Charles will be the EP and on air cohost.

Kate (Ricki-Lee), Tim and Joel are still live next week.

5 Likes

Announced on Instagram.

5 Likes

I’m looking forward to it.

It’s starting a little later than usual though. I wonder if Kate, Tim and Joel will start at 3pm for those few first weeks?

1 Like

Do we think Kate, Tim and Joel will go from 4-7pm?

1 Like

Chrissie Swan & Joel Creasey would be a good pair up.

Just a shame Nova is losing another hour of music in its workday.

This is the type of show which should either be 12-1pm weekdays or 10am-12pm Saturdays.

2-3pm should really be for music. Watch the ratings and feedback reflect this.

In their Novarated surveys they should play talk clips as well as music clips to get a gauge of what listeners prefer to hear.

5 Likes

References to 2- 3 here. Isn’t it 2 - 4?

3 Likes

Yep. 2-4pm.

2 Likes

Should have done it 6-7pm.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure Fitzy and Wippa are number 1 in that slot so maybe they don’t want to mess with that.

2 Likes

Ex-Fox Aaron Rich doing Saturday arvo on Nova96.9.

2 Likes