Nova Network

Nova 100’s Chrissie, Sam and Browny will be hosting the AFL Grand Final Breakfast show live from The Pub at Crown Melbourne, next Wednesday week (September 21) from 6am to 9am. Competition is now open to win audience tickets to the event.

3 Likes

Nova 100 is airing the best of Chrissie, Sam and Browny today, as the team is in Warrnambool visiting Jonathan Brown’s home after the death of his mother Mary. Browny has been absent from radio and Fox Footy’s On the Couch for the past two weeks.

EDIT: Sam Pang said on The Front Bar tonight that Mary’s funeral was held today.

3 Likes

Kate Ritchie is back on Monday, which is actually September 19.

2 Likes

Interesting because it’s survey break next week.

2 Likes

There was a technical hiccup when the hosts talked to Sydney’s Josh Kennedy by phone just after the 8am news. The broadcast was cut when Sam Pang was posing a question to Josh and the producers quickly threw to a traffic update and a song, before the problem was fixed.

2 Likes

Why does Nova play the same songs over and over all day? I’ve heard Harry Styles 5 times today already!

6 Likes

The joys of CHR stations. Flog the same tight playlist.

3 Likes

It does not have to be that way, KIIS is the #1 CHR station in Sydney and it is nowhere as repetitive as Nova. I don’t understand why they still persist with the same flawed music scheduling. Ok it works in less competitive markets but not the ultra competitive markets of Sydney and Melbourne.

Fine use the existing playlist in Perth, Adelaide, and Brisbane, but Sydney and Melbourne need their own logs, and the number of spins for top 40 songs closer to those on the KIIS 106.5 log.

BTW ARN turned WS around by fine tuning the music, it use to behind Nova 969 in the Sydney ratings. They took it to #1 fm station, and even beat KIIS in Breakfast in one or two surveys if I remover correctly. I don’t think Nova 969 can do this but it certainly could rate higher then what it is now.

4 Likes

So they’re all on holidays next week instead. Kate, Tim and Joel as well as Fitzy and Wippa. Seems they choose to have the school holidays off rather than the survey break.

2 Likes

Same with Ben Fordham on 2GB.

I’m glad their employers are so flexible with them all. It’s great to see.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Noticed Nova playing catch up with fresh music again this week. Unholy by Sam Smith and Kim Petras debuted at number one in Australia and the UK a week ago on Friday. It took until Wednesday for Nova to add it to the playlist.

I’m Good by David Guetta and Bebe Rexa was only added to the playlist after it also hit number one on the chart.

Just heard Bad Habits by Steve Lacy this afternoon for the first time outside Smallzy’s Surgery. When they back announced it, they said it was good when a song blows up on Tik Tok and finds success on the charts. :roll_eyes: This song has been on the ARIA charts for 13 weeks and hit number 3 over a month ago.

1 Like

I’m wondering if Nova use the Apple Charts and not ARIA.

Bad Habit (Steve Lacy) is No 7 on the ARIA charts but on Apple it’s all the way on No 118.

1 Like

Apple music is very rap focused.

1 Like

Just checked the KIIS 1065 playlist and Bad Habit by Steve Lacy hasn’t been on their playlist in the last 5 days I just checked.

Looks like they’re definitely using iTunes Charts for their playlists.

1 Like
3 Likes

Who’s replacing him on Hit Saturday nights?

1 Like

Oh wow, it’s the #1 song in the US. You’d think they would’ve been all over it from the beginning.

1 Like

Maybe that’s only reason why they took notice now.

They only started playing B.O.T.A. (Baddest Of Them All) by Eliza Rose and Interplanetary Criminal after it was number 1 in the UK for a couple of weeks.

3 Likes

No coverage of Nova Perth 20 year reunion?

1 Like