Nova Network

Kate Ritchie has been away from Kate, Tim and Joel this week. Ricki-Lee Coulter was back filling in for Kate again from yesterday’s show.

Nova just played a recorded message from Kate where she announced that she is taking the rest of the year off. She said that she has had a lot of things happen in her life this past year and it has taken a toll on her and she needs to take a break to recharge. She did mention that working on the radio, filming AGT for television and writing a children’s book has left her exhausted. She has spoken to the bosses at Nova and they have agreed to let her take the rest of the year off and come back fresh next year.

4 Likes

Ricki Lee is much better to listen to.

3 Likes
6 Likes

Chrissie, Sam & Browny wrapping up at the end of the year.

3 Likes

Really? Wonder if it was their own choice or they were shown the door? Shame - it is a good show.

1 Like

Wonder if it’s because Chrissie will move on to do The Project?

2 Likes

Ben & Liam moving to Melbourne?

2 Likes

I feel like Sam probably wanted out as well.

3 Likes

Hello 5 shares.

4 Likes

Chrissie is staying at Nova, but Deano is leaving.

3 Likes

Wow. Was this expected at all?

2 Likes

Don’t rule out Chrissie, Tim & Joel as a possibility.

7 Likes

Question now I wonder if Nova Ent will make a move on Fitzy & Wippa In the next year or so?

I assume the status quo will remain as they rate OK, and no succession plan in place yet?

I assume Ben & Liam are the long term succession plan for Nova 969?

1 Like

Chrissie, Tim and Sam would be better than the mess it turned into since Marty left.

4 Likes

Totally agree, I have not listened to the show since Marty left.

4 Likes

When I heard Deano saying there would be a big announcement after 8am, I thought they were planning a special broadcast. I didn’t expect to hear the show was finishing.

2 Likes

My understanding is they’re Nova’s most successful breakfast show in Australia?? I believe it out-rates FoxFM in Melbourne. I would say all three have decided to leave on their own accord.

2 Likes

Going elsewhere?

1 Like

With then being the number 1 FM breakfast show in Adelaide, I don’t think they’ll push them over to Melbourne too quickly.

3 Likes

Having read the presser, I wonder if Chrissie may move to Smooth next year?

3 Likes