Nova Network

While I agree with you about the TV ratings trend. I think the point cranky is making is that the project’s current ratings does not warrant the amount the hosts are being paid.

1 Like

Really? I see nothing in his post relating to what the hosts are being paid. I thought his complaint is that The Project is using Nova’s Chrissie Swan as a fill-in, at a time when ratings are low. Maybe the thinking is that the regulars should all be there right now to boost ratings.

I’m sure the producers are paying for hosts they can afford. They wouldn’t be paying more to produce the show than the revenue they raise through advertising.

1 Like

Heard Maddy Rowe here in brissy today on brekkie. She’s doing a great job.

4 Likes

Thanks @tommy13190, exactly.

It’s an indulgent catwalk for talent and their management to tick a few boxes.

No complaint of Chrissie, great talent.

1 Like

What’s that got to do with anything? Hosts on CNN, msnbc are extremely high for very low audiences, there’s more to making money than total audience numbers for a company. It’s a very naive way of thinking.

4 Likes

Kate, Tim and Joel are also taking a break but interestingly Fitzy and Wippa are still on. I guess they’re lining up their break with the school holidays again rather than the survey break.

5 Likes
2 Likes

As if Pleasure Love by Supafly / De Funk isn’t a bad enough track, the Nova Remix is an abomination.

Why do Nova keep producing a “Nova Remix” of songs they play? Who is asking for songs to be redone with Nova, Nova, Nova repeated throughout? :face_vomiting:

6 Likes

Because KIIS did it first.

Agreed, torture.

2 Likes

Nova’s “10K in May” on track for every winner to be a woman again this year. 5 out of 5 this week.

4 Likes

Shock! Horror!

A man won today. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Nath Valvo filled in for Sam Pang on Nova 100 breakfast today. Usually, Dave O’Neil sits on Sam’s chair on Fridays, but he was sick.

3 Likes

This “Pleasure Love” remix just replaces “Loving is my pleasure” with “Nova is my pleasure”. :thinking: Sounds like the original singer too.

2 Likes

Instant turn off .nova is a disaster to what it was

7 Likes

If they’re paying the original artist money to record a piss weak Nova remix, then they’ve got rocks in their heads.

Tim Blackwell and Joel Creasey have been taking the piss out of the “Nova remix” so I really dont understand who thinks it’s a good idea.

7 Likes

Does Kate still say anything on that show? It just seems like a show to boost Tim’s ego nowadays

2 Likes

She’s more confident these days and both Kate and Joel often pay out on Tim, individually or together, which grounds him.

2 Likes

Thought I would share this article I found here as it is the only playlist I can find of Nova pre 2015. If anyone has any others from around this time feel free to share…

1 Like

I wonder how small the Aussie content on Nova is these days. Probably close to the minimum 10% their licence requires them to play?

3 Likes

Yesterday on Kate, Tim and Joel, Joel commented that a lot of people are complaining that only women are winning the May competition. He wanted to make it clear to listeners that it was no way rigged or anything suspicious and that mostly it is only women who are entering the competition.

2 Likes