2CH was there from memory but now they’re 100% DAB+ that’s probably a computer running in the tech room. Unless SEN took their space in Pyrmont?
I did hear a whisper that Nine Radio and ARN are moving in the coming 12 months?
2CH was there from memory but now they’re 100% DAB+ that’s probably a computer running in the tech room. Unless SEN took their space in Pyrmont?
I did hear a whisper that Nine Radio and ARN are moving in the coming 12 months?
She often has a lot of time off
Two weeks ago they specifically mentioned that she was sick and that Sylvia would be there for the week. On Friday and today they have only said “it’s just the boys today” and no further explanation. Could be related to Covid. Joel mentioned it after he was off and then was broadcasting from home. Tim didn’t talk about it when his kids had it but he did later say that everyone in his family had it except him.
It’s interesting that Tom Ivy from Fitzy and Wippa is also broadcasting from home these past two weeks. I think they mentioned his family members had Covid or were close contacts.
@JBar thanks for the update.
I have seen a lot of talent on social media ‘broadcasting/working from home’ now. I think its great that radio companies are letting this happen. I think this is the way of the future.
Tim announced this afternoon that Kate Ritchie does indeed have Covid. Rikki-Lee Coulter filling in this week.
Shaun McManus from Perth Breakfast broadcasting from home while isolating according to socials.
Heard a bit of the show this morning, but missed whether he has covid, or someone in this household
They never used fill-ins during the last incarnation of the show, which seems to be happening more recently. Interesting decision.
In the past, if someone was sick for a day or two its no big deal. With Covid, you know the person will likely be sick for a week and may need to isolate for longer if they haven’t tested negative.
I’d say that the first week Kate was off, it was probably her daughter that had it. She came back to work for a week and then was off again when she had it. The boys were on their own last week. This is her third week off now, so makes sense that they would have a fill-in host.
They just announced Rikki-Lee will be back next week.
Fitzy tested positive for Covid and has been doing the Fitzy and Wippa show from home this week.
This is from Fiona Byrne entertainment in Sunday herald sun:
Ritchie has, according to a Nova spokesperson, been off-air owing to a bout of Covid.
She is expected to rejoin the Drive team of Joel Creasey and Tim Blackwell on Monday.
Yes @JasonF, that was announced on air two weeks ago. On Friday, Tim and Joel thanked Rikki-Lee for being on the show these past two weeks so we can assume Kate will be back next week.
Kate Ritchie was back today and she confirmed that she was really sick with Covid and her daughter also had it.
Chrissie, Sam and Browny will broadcast live from Melbourne Town Hall tomorrow morning to mark the start of the 2022 Melbourne International Comedy Festival. Guests include Tom Gleeson, Dave O’Neil and Judith Lucy.
Chrissie Sam and Browny are on a two week survey break and will return after Easter.
This morning Nova 100 was playing best bits of the show, when it accidentally replayed a traffic report from early February, at around 7.15am. I thought the report was normal, until I heard the announcer talking about the tram works in Melbourne CBD in the first week of February, and the forecast top temperature of 34 degrees!
Heard Ms Swan interviewed today ahead of hosting The Project tonight.
Filling in at time when audience trend for The Project is at a historic low.
What’s the point of constantly mentioning this?
Newsflash. A Current Affair ratings are also at a historic low. Home and Away ratings ate also at a historic low. No need to single out The Project. Newtork television is in a downward trend.
While I agree with you about the TV ratings trend. I think the point cranky is making is that the project’s current ratings does not warrant the amount the hosts are being paid.
Really? I see nothing in his post relating to what the hosts are being paid. I thought his complaint is that The Project is using Nova’s Chrissie Swan as a fill-in, at a time when ratings are low. Maybe the thinking is that the regulars should all be there right now to boost ratings.
I’m sure the producers are paying for hosts they can afford. They wouldn’t be paying more to produce the show than the revenue they raise through advertising.
Heard Maddy Rowe here in brissy today on brekkie. She’s doing a great job.