Nova Network

Nova and 2GB do this a lot in Sydney since they have studios in the same building. Nova often has Ben Fordham and Ray Hadley on shows like Fitzy and Wippa or Kate, Tim and Joel.

3 Likes

Oh yes. I completely forgot they were. Isn’t there like 6 stations in the one building next to Channel 10?

I now remember those videos of Fitzy and Wippa pulling pranks on Ray Hadley before. Very funny.

1 Like

Yes, they’re next door to 10 and why they’ve also had a lot 10 personalities as guests too.

I know Nova, Smooth, 2GB and 2UE are together but not sure who else is there.

1 Like

2CH was there from memory but now they’re 100% DAB+ that’s probably a computer running in the tech room. Unless SEN took their space in Pyrmont?

I did hear a whisper that Nine Radio and ARN are moving in the coming 12 months?

1 Like

She often has a lot of time off

1 Like

Two weeks ago they specifically mentioned that she was sick and that Sylvia would be there for the week. On Friday and today they have only said “it’s just the boys today” and no further explanation. Could be related to Covid. Joel mentioned it after he was off and then was broadcasting from home. Tim didn’t talk about it when his kids had it but he did later say that everyone in his family had it except him.

It’s interesting that Tom Ivy from Fitzy and Wippa is also broadcasting from home these past two weeks. I think they mentioned his family members had Covid or were close contacts.

2 Likes

@JBar thanks for the update.

I have seen a lot of talent on social media ‘broadcasting/working from home’ now. I think its great that radio companies are letting this happen. I think this is the way of the future.

2 Likes

Tim announced this afternoon that Kate Ritchie does indeed have Covid. Rikki-Lee Coulter filling in this week.

2 Likes

Shaun McManus from Perth Breakfast broadcasting from home while isolating according to socials.

Heard a bit of the show this morning, but missed whether he has covid, or someone in this household

2 Likes

They never used fill-ins during the last incarnation of the show, which seems to be happening more recently. Interesting decision.

3 Likes

In the past, if someone was sick for a day or two its no big deal. With Covid, you know the person will likely be sick for a week and may need to isolate for longer if they haven’t tested negative.

I’d say that the first week Kate was off, it was probably her daughter that had it. She came back to work for a week and then was off again when she had it. The boys were on their own last week. This is her third week off now, so makes sense that they would have a fill-in host.

2 Likes

They just announced Rikki-Lee will be back next week.

1 Like

Fitzy tested positive for Covid and has been doing the Fitzy and Wippa show from home this week.

2 Likes

This is from Fiona Byrne entertainment in Sunday herald sun:
Ritchie has, according to a Nova spokesperson, been off-air owing to a bout of Covid.

She is expected to rejoin the Drive team of Joel Creasey and Tim Blackwell on Monday.

2 Likes

Yes @JasonF, that was announced on air two weeks ago. On Friday, Tim and Joel thanked Rikki-Lee for being on the show these past two weeks so we can assume Kate will be back next week.

2 Likes

Kate Ritchie was back today and she confirmed that she was really sick with Covid and her daughter also had it.

4 Likes

Chrissie, Sam and Browny will broadcast live from Melbourne Town Hall tomorrow morning to mark the start of the 2022 Melbourne International Comedy Festival. Guests include Tom Gleeson, Dave O’Neil and Judith Lucy.

4 Likes

Chrissie Sam and Browny are on a two week survey break and will return after Easter.

This morning Nova 100 was playing best bits of the show, when it accidentally replayed a traffic report from early February, at around 7.15am. I thought the report was normal, until I heard the announcer talking about the tram works in Melbourne CBD in the first week of February, and the forecast top temperature of 34 degrees!

10 Likes

Heard Ms Swan interviewed today ahead of hosting The Project tonight.

Filling in at time when audience trend for The Project is at a historic low.

3 Likes

What’s the point of constantly mentioning this?

Newsflash. A Current Affair ratings are also at a historic low. Home and Away ratings ate also at a historic low. No need to single out The Project. Newtork television is in a downward trend.

4 Likes