Nova Network

Was it 100% Paul Murray? Some have thought otherwise?

Was it re-hashed from his time at the M’s? Or did SCA actually bring Paul back for Triple M Soft Rock DAB+?

Mind you, I would LOVE if Triple M would bring back Paul Murray. He would be brilliant on Triple M Breakfast in 2022.

1 Like

Really? I would never have guessed it was him. He did a good job, very funny!

2 Likes

I was flicking channels and on Sky News Regional Chris Smith was interviewing Paul Murray some time last year. When he was employed by Nova, when they first launched he was as Journo, he also did the Love muscle taking the piss out of Richard Mercer AKA the Love God who was then on Mix 106.5.

Paul Murray was also on Triple M Soft Rock as the Love God.

He recounted when he finally met Richard Mercer at Mix, he thought Richard was going to thump him for taking the piss out of him, but Richard actually loved his work.

4 Likes

Probably more likely to end up on 2GB then Triple M, but then again 2GB is trying to shift away from being ultra conservative / Right Wing.

4 Likes

Been listening to Nova Sydney for the last hour or so and on and off during the week and I have to say it’s been a really good listen. They probably need to expand the playlist still more but it’s beginning to feel like the Nova I used to listen to years ago!

7 Likes

I have been enjoying Nova too. I drove form Coffs to Sydney today. It’s a bit of a Hit and MMM wasteland until you get to Star on the Central Coast (Max provided a reprieve for a while).

As I arrived in Sydney I tried 969 and was singing along from Peats Ridge to Surry Hills.

Those Hit and MMM stations on the far / mid north coast, Newcastle and Gosford really add to driver fatigue.

4 Likes

Kate, Tim and Joel back on air this afternoon but Joel Creasey is working from home after he tested positive for Covid as he took a test to prepare to return to the office.

He said he avoided it while travelling in Europe but caught it in Melbourne this week. I wonder if this impacts Neighbours since he was on the set filming more scenes last week.

5 Likes

Jonathan Brown said on Nova 100 breakfast today that he would be flying out of Melbourne tonight to Los Angeles to attend the NFL Super Bowl on Sunday.
Dave O’Neil will fill in for him on the show tomorrow (Friday).

2 Likes

Does Dave still fill in one day a week for Pang?

1 Like

Jonathan Brown was back in the studio this morning co-hosting Nova 100 breakfast, after his one week trip to Los Angeles for the Super Bowl.

2 Likes

Sylvia Jeffreys has been filling in for Kate Ritchie on Kate, Tim & Joel.

3 Likes

They said she will be off sick for the whole week. Covid?

2 Likes

Is this new ‘Nova Mashup’ part of the rotation? Truly awful. It’s the Luude remix of Land Down Under - but instead of just playing the song that’s popular on Tiktok it fades back to the original song. Different tempo, totally different vibe and feels like something someone threw into GarageBand. And no drop. What’s the point, might as well introduce an old music format.

7 Likes

Yes that version is shit, the Colin Hay / Lude Remix is the one every one else plays and has the up tempo trap / dubstep beat.

Nova not wanting to upset their 40+ Female listners.

5 Likes

So many other horrible remixes on the playlist too like the Britney Spears/Ginuwine Toxic/Pony Tik Tok Mashup and the Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes) remix by Smyles.

Add those to the Elton John and Whitney Huston remixes and Nova is sounding geriatric, like another version of 2WS/Gold.

4 Likes

At least they have not panicked yet and gone even older to block 2day fm. If history repeats this will happen after survey 2 and they will go more modern again for the final survey after the ratings tank. The insanity of the Nova programmers!!!

BTW the repetition is shocking on weekends songs getting repeated every two hours.

3 Likes

That’s happening on weekdays too. I heard one song three times today when I was driving around. And I’m hearing revived throwbacks played three or four times every week.

4 Likes

Nova’s insane programmers at their very best!!!

3 Likes

Nova Melbourne breakfast co-host Sam Pang was on 3AW between 12 and 1 this afternoon as a guest for the hour (along with his colleague from ‘The Front Bar’ John Origlasso who’s the regular guest in that slot each week). Guess it’s not an issue to appear for Sam to appear on AW or any other talk station that doesn’t play music if they’re not in competition with Nova.

3 Likes

Normally if a talent is on a TV show they’re allowed to cross promote elsewhere. 3AW and Nova wouldn’t really be direct competitors. I doubt you’ll see him on Fox or Gold. It’ll be great for Nova if he did.

Also about Nova. Has Kate Richie left? 3 times in the past 2 weeks I’ve listened to Nova after 4pm and she’s not there. 2 weeks ago it was Sylvia Jeffreys with Tim and Joel. Last Friday it was just Tim and Joel. Same again today. No one had mentioned where she is, that’s why I ask.

2 Likes