Nine (WIN)

Source?

Waples, Win’s PR company.

2 Likes

It’ll be interesting to see how WIN schedule their own programming into TEN’s schedule.

Currently they have the All Australian News, as well as Alive and Cooking airing weekdays.

I suspect, both will continue to air with TEN’s programming.

Maybe like so:
11:00am: The Talk
12:00pm: All Australian News
01:00pm: Dr. Phil
02:00pm: Entertainment Tonight
02:30pm: Alive and Cooking
03:00pm: Judge Judy

On another note, given WINs apparent refusal to swap LCNs with SCA. Here’s what I’m expecting to see (all just my opinion of course):
Advertising switching from Nine programming to Ten programming over the next 2-3 weeks.
Still promoted as “on WIN”.
All advertising for Nine, 9Gem, 9Go & 9Life programming beyond June 30 ceasing over the next 2-3 weeks.
A gradual change in branding during late June/early July.
An announcement to viewers that WIN News is moving from 7pm to (new time).
9Gem, 9Go & 9Life suddenly disappear from 82, 83, 84, 88 without any information given to viewers.
One and Eleven suddenly appear in the 80-89 range without any information given.

I think WIN will continue as per normal, and not bother to mention to viewers that they will no longer be showing Nine programming.
Leaving viewers to notice a sudden schedule change and have no idea what is going on.

I think they will also neglect to inform viewers that popular programming like NRL, etc. is moving to LCN 5.

I think in an attempt to keep their ratings up, they are going to try to fool the viewer into thinking it’s still the same channel, but just with some new shows.

I’d hope that WIN will be more civil about the transition, but I don’t think they will be in the end.
That’s just my opinion.

1 Like

No I have it confirmed from Win that it remains a Nine affiliate in Tasmania. See above for summary of changes.

Same here since I’m in Perth. I feel sorry for family who is living in the WIN licenced areas.

1 Like

Again… Source? This is too confusing. I spoke to Win earlier today via email and they say the contrary.

1 Like

So you both have WIN as a source saying different things?

So, things we don’t know

• Where Nine and TEN network programmes will be on, in terms of channel numbers/LCNs (should be 8 and 5 respectively, at least by ACMA’s standards)
  • Whether WIN will carry Nine or Ten on the primary channel where it also carries a joint-venture license
1 Like

WIN Primary Channel in all markets = TEN affiliation. LCN 8.
WIN joint venture channels - TBA.

Use some BUSINESS sense people - not emotional sense.

2 Likes

Just saw WIN news presenter say that Win local news is here for the long haul thanks to a new deal with TEN. More details at 7pm

Story on WIN News Townsville just confirmed WIN will be staying on LCN 8 with TEN programming, with HD continuing on LCN 80.

The WIN CEO confirmed in the story saying that the Big Bash and Formula 1 will be shown on WIN on channel 8 and in HD on channel 80.

Yes saw the same report on WIN Orange. So looks like it’s Lcn 8s . They even showed clips of bbl and Masterchef. So local news will continue.
Can SC move to Lcn 9?

1 Like

It will be quite odd to go from watching shows like Masterchef on one network one day, to a completely different one the next. Still, 2016 has shaped up to be a big year in Australian TV.

They should be able to. LCN is just a guide. But in overlap areas, they will probably opt for LCN 5.

1 Like

So turns out that those ACMA guidelines were wrong then.

Great, this won’t get confusing at all.

They weren’t ACMA Guidelines - just industry recommendations.

1 Like

With WIN now definitely keeping the 8 LCN’s, I’m really hoping that SCA will be able to use the 9 LCN’s.

Would make it really easy for SCA to just directly copy Nine’s promos for 9Gem, etc. shows with “Channel 92” in the corner.

2 Likes

News report on affiliation deal from WIN tonight. Apart from MasterChef, The Bachelor and The Big Bash, The Project was also mentioned as moving across to WIN. Also of note, “viewers will know they are watching WIN”. (Report starts at 0:38 on clip)

8 Likes

This is my guess at the new LCN’s post July 1.

8 - WIN
80 - WIN HD
81 - One
82 - Eleven
83 - TVSN
84 - SpreeTV
86 - Gold
88 - WIN

9 - Nine
90 - 9HD (When launched)
91 - Nine
92 - 9Gem
93 - 9Go!
94 - 9Life (when launched)
95 - Extra
96 - Aspire TV
99 - 9Go!

6 Likes

Probably unlikely given the strength of the WIN name in regional areas of Australia and Bruce Gordon’s stubbornness however it would have been good if TEN could’ve secured a deal similarly to that of the the SCA/Nine one whereby the regional channel mostly takes the name of the larger metropolitan station for uniform branding purposes.

Looking at that SC news bulletin, WIN News is surely in need of an update in terms of graphics package especially to diffirentiate to that of 9 News and the soon to be launched 9 regional bulletins by SCA.

It really couldn’t have come at a better time with TEN having just completed a refresh of their graphics package… which we can only hope that they take on.

3 Likes