Nine (WIN)

:moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:
^ That’s why.

Also, home shopping channels don’t need to be in HD whatsoever.

1 Like

In some regional markets, GOLD is the only outlet for home shopping brands to use. It’s valuable to WIN.

4 Likes

when win owned 9 in Adelaide they showed it until 9 Entertainment bought 9 from Win it would happen the same if 9 bought out win in eg victoria

Ridiculous! I like to see a crystal clear HD picture of the overpriced garbage I’m buying! :rofl:

3 Likes

A Tennis sponsor billboard just aired, but it had the WIN theme with the Nine-style sponsor, similar to WIN Ten using the SCA sponsor with the WIN theme.

1 Like

Was it a local sponsor?

I saw two, can’t remember the first but the second was for Harvey Norman. Both had the normal WIN sponsor music as well as no fade.

Proof:

Wasn’t able to get the start.

3 Likes

Interesting. It would be nice if this was an indication of a wider change to Nine styled boards. But it’s probably just a case of WIN not being arsed redoing the graphics for a national sponsor and just changing out the audio. Perhaps Nine wants the AO branding intact too?

3 Likes

WIN News squeeze back:

7 Likes

And here is another of the Nine style billboards on WIN:

4 Likes

Just heard an ad on i98fm Wollongong for a TV show branded as “on Nine”… no mention of the WIN Network in the promo.

An interesting contrast to here in Newcastle, where there is almost nil promotion of Nine’s shows on radio or elsewhere, only NBN News ever seems to be advertised externally here with no mention of Nine.

3 Likes

I’ve played stacks of ads in recent years in Newcastle with “on Nine.”

3 Likes

oh ok! I don’t remember hearing any on Triple M Newcastle or Hit… must be listening at the wrong times.

3 Likes

They mention the channel nine brand on the Coffs Harbour and Grafton radio stations. I also noticed sometimes that triple M in Coffs Harbour would mention the channel 7 brand during some ads. They used the old Prime7 branding even a few months after the acquisition was completed.

3 Likes

Noticed we have been getting ads for Nine News Sydney on WIN Bendigo during Millionare Hot Seat.

3 Likes

On the South Coast at the moment and just saw an ad on 9HD Wollongong (WIN) for TVSN on Channel 54… I’m guessing that was intended for Northern NSW?

2 Likes

That’s quite strange. they must be having some technical issues at media hub.

2 Likes

Some MPEG4 conversions happening in the coming months:

21 Likes

Jeez that briefing is written like trash.
But this is great to see. Big move considering WIN SD is also going to be MPEG4 as well.

10 Likes