Nine (WIN)

he does have family in Ballarat

3 Likes

Industry tours promo

3 Likes

it seems this week at least 9 (WIN) is only taking the 1st 30 mins of hot seat so from 5 pm till 5.30pm

1 Like

That’s odd. Does it mean WIN viewers won’t see who wins each episode of Hot Seat?

4 Likes

its just while the tennis is on next monday it back to normal

I’m pretty sure they have some 30 minute cut episodes for that purpose.

4 Likes

i think they should have not bothered having it

1 Like

they shot a weeks worth of 30 mins episode especially for this week

1 Like

Not sure why they don’t just show Hot Seat from 4.30pm like pre-Christmas?

like 7 does with the chase on occasions

1 Like

Supporting Local Business:

3 Likes

I see they’re taking a page out of 10 Darwin’s book :joy: :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

A pop up just appeared during the Tennis, advertising WIN News on 9Go.

2 Likes

Wow, a local WIN promo with the Nine dots in it?! Unheard of back in 2016!

3 Likes

The AO is on 9Go from 6pm anyway (during Nine News). So why not keep WIN News on 8/80 at 5:30pm and put the AO on 9Go via WIN half an hour earlier at 5:30pm.

Either way it sounds like a complicated breakaway for WIN to handle. But at least WIN News is still broadcast and no tennis coverage is missed.

3 Likes

Here is the pop up:

Compare to this which is correct aspect ratio:

2 Likes

Not bad. First time I’ve seen a regional do that kind of “pop-in” for lack of a better term.

“Squeeze-up?”

4 Likes

Maybe if WIN’s 9Go! & 9GEM weren’t both still SD-only, but given 9Go! is still SD it’s better to keep the tennis on a HD channel, plus there’d be confusing ‘switch channels’ notifications from Nine, and they’d have to do something different in the markets that don’t have WIN News.

4 Likes

WIN’s ad break timing is off in Canberra tonight.

Hearing the first two words of the start of the first Sydney ad every ad break during 9 News before the local ads kick in

2 Likes

Such is often inevitable when using dirty feeds during live programming unfortunately

1 Like