Nine (WIN)

That’s what I saw. I’m not sure if it’s a mock or not. Or that I could he imagining it

Has to be a mock. The CC logo looks cropped from a screenshot. The WIN News coverup fades in perfectly like a video editing program would do it and not the typical fade in we’d see from WIN (with chroma layer underneath which has been noticable for 20+ years). Also, the 2012 ident has never been used by WIN as far as I can recall.

However, this has made me interested in how WIN would dress up a clean feed for when they do have break-away programming. I wonder what classification/CC logos and watermark we’d see?

5 Likes

It IS a mock on both ends.

Like this during Hot Seat:

5 Likes

Oo, thank you. Yep, definitely WIN with larger classification and misaligned logo. Does the logo animate in?

The user added an old closing super to another upload of 9 Morning News, too.

Nice mocks, but they should really put ‘Mock’ in the title.

3 Likes

During this recording it popped in and out without any fade.

1 Like

Wow that’s brutal. Over a month in and it looks so temporary.

So the ribbon coloured logo with the 9 logo with dots at the start of the video is never shown at any time? I don’t recall seeing the ribbon logo on channel 9 at any given time for years.

If it was, it would be used as a filler over a sponsor billboard as Nine doesn’t schedule idents anymore. AFAIK WIN has been using their own ‘Nine on WIN Network’ ident and not the 2012 ribbon one.

3 Likes

Just ask the guy who made it… @SEQTelevision

But yes, it’s a mock.

The last time I saw a ID from nine was probably in 2016 or 2017. It was still there when southern cross first started to air the 9 network programs from July 2016. I think they stopped showing it in 2017 or 2018.

After taking a closer look at the video I now agree it’s a mock. WIN cannot cover up the logo during the 9 news or another programs without the permission of nine as part of the agreement. WIN news is the exception to the rule. The video is most definitely a mock

it looks cheap and fake.

The whole upload is really bizzare… as if to try and fool people into thinking it’s the real deal. Even the intro has been changed to the ‘first at 5’ voice-over.

8 Likes

I must admit I was rather offended when I saw that video and not at all amused. So I asked others to have a look at it.

2 Likes

it could be just me, but just watched a NRL match report on WIN NEWS for the Dragons, and they used FOX Sports vision and not the Channel 9 Wide world of sports vision. Do others think thats odd is it just me?

1 Like

It’s not unusual Fox Sports footage was properly easier to source.

1 Like

often if a commercial network’s news bulletins does a story for a sports event that is covered by both FTA and pay TV, they use the pay TV’s vision. I’m sure Foxtel would pay them to promote Fox Sports/ESPN/beIN.

1 Like

easier to source than your own network? How? They showed the game on WIN. I think its odd and i have worked in TV for 35 years. (just never for WIN TV)

1 Like

I can assure you that no commercial agreement is in place to pay WIN TV or FOXSports to use the vision, thats why the vision is marked so the viewer knows where it came from

2 Likes

I’ve worked in News for ages. It usually comes down to the source News Exchange or Videotapes has decided to use. Nothing sinister and definately nobody’s paying nobody.

3 Likes