Nine (WIN)

Promo seen in Queensland

8 Likes

TV guides for 9Life has been revealed in WIN areas

Extracted from TV Guide | WIN Television which is WIN’s TV guide.

5 Likes

on foxtel its currently 10 Shake lol

1 Like

It should be exactly the same as Nine’s schedule.

It is the same as Nine’s schedule.

True. But you would still expect a slight delay if the output was fed by microwave link to the affiliate. That said, I’m not sure if it was.

2 Likes

Researched my recordings from last Christmas Day.
Seems like WIN made 70-minute compilation movies of both Halfway Across the Galaxy and The Saddle Club using 3 episodes of each show. Thankfully, the Saddle Club compilation is of the “classic” first season, not the WIN-produced third season. Only the Alive and Cooking Christmas Special (with guest host Santa) was gone from the schedule, because WIN probably treat that show as a “relic” of the dark years under Nine affiliation.

This Christmas Day will be an interesting one, since Nine’s collection of Christmas movies and the Carols by Candlelight repeat may affect their standard Christmas Day programs.

What do you predict they’ll do in Northern NSW where 10 programming is patched out?

2 Likes

It probably won’t be.

2 Likes

Back to SD on 9 National News in Mildura, Ch. 80.

2 Likes

I have it on good authority that the last time this happened was due to closed captioning issues on the HD feeds. All parties were well aware of the problem and had it fixed in a few days. Looks like it is causing issues for them again.

9 Likes

Same in Bendigo.

2 Likes

Given captioning is about the only thing the ACMA fairly actively enforces, probably best they be safe.

6 Likes

For some reason I actually like the bad quality, I don’t know why.

3 Likes

Said no one ever.

6 Likes

Guess we now know why VIC was in such terrible quality!

8 Likes

Someone just did! :rofl:

3 Likes

This is a pretty bizarre statement in this context. It’s not as though this is analogue media - I can see why people attach nostalgia to receiving snowy distance signals or watching back a long play VHS recording. But this is just low bitrate MPEG-2 SD available twenty four hours a day on Channel 8. Hard to be nostalgic for the present.

12 Likes

Nine News back in HD again on Nine HD Ballarat

3 Likes

Looks like 9Life will commence at midnight and in WA will remain on LCN 85.

Replacing TVSN with 9Life, and SNOW with TVSN, would have been a far better way to do it here for two reasons;

1. The LCN would have been 84, since they apparently have no way of changing LCNs on VAST for some reason, and
  2. TVSN is still in MPEG-2 here, so 9Life would have been MPEG-2 and not suffered from the blocky unwatchable mess that some retransmission sites in WA are showing (see screenshot below)

10 Likes