Nine (WIN)

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: WIN News

A post was merged into an existing topic: WIN News

I just found a Nine on WIN ident, but at the end it had the 9Life logo with the Nine, 9Gem and 9Go! ones.

4 Likes

Something else for you to copy and pass off as a mock?

9 Likes

This variant clearly shouldn’t be on air until August 1.

1 Like

Someone at MediaHub must have hit the wrong button, or maybe since August 1st is approaching they’re gonna start promoting it?

4 Likes

23 Likes

makes sense they would start promoting it soonish

2 Likes

With the help of talking about the NRL with a mate of mine who lives in Parkes NSW we discovered that NBN9 (What I receive in Moree) was 7 seconds in front of 9WIN so my question is Why would there be a 7 second lag on WIN showing the NRL live. If it was a second or so, fair enough but a full 7 seconds is puzzling

5 Likes

We know NBN comes from NPC which is Nine directly, so they’d have less lag. Same with SCA Nine in SA. WIN’s Nine feed goes through to MediaHub before being muxed and sent to the transmitter. Who knows what kind of compression or whatever happens there?

From memory, someone measured the time difference between Seven and Prime on here too, and it was something like 15 seconds?

4 Likes

Video:

9 Likes

That might have been me?

Here in Nth NSW, 10WIN Newcastle is also about 7 seconds behind TEN-10 Sydney.

Prime7 (when its playout was in Canberra) was about 25 seconds behind 7.

The bizarre thing is that since Prime7 moved playout to WINs MediaHub, there is now very little delay compared to 7. 7flix on Prime7 used to be a few seconds AHEAD of 7 since MediaHub was doing national playout of 7flix, but I don’t think that’s the case anymore.

4 Likes

Yes I recall Prime7 being the worst when it came to delay compared with metro.

Also in the early 2000s before centralised national playout was a thing, I recall WIN in regional Victoria for national programming must have taken the TCN9 feed which was often many minutes out of sync of GTV9 especially during movies and other non-live programming.

I’m guessing the playout in those days was completely independent at GTV9 and TCN9 .

6 Likes

I can remember back in the mid 90’s the Illawarra channels were about 1/4 of a second behind Sydney. Nine and NBN were in synch with each other. Absolutely no delay.

2 Likes

I know I’m straying slightly from Nine/WIN related discussion but regarding this issue I wonder if there is now a delay between 10 metro and SCA 10 with NPC putting out channel 10 content

3 Likes

As I understand it, analogue is a different kettle of fish as there is no processing involved.

3 Likes

There’s about a 2.5 second delay in QLD

3 Likes

It was, and GTV preferred going local, even if the same network program as TCN.
Being TCN forever stuffed up the X-Bar network clean feed and forever changing their break structures owing to constant changing of promos in breaks to counter what Seven played in their breaks.
Going local was much easier for GTV.
TCN treated the network back then as ‘bottom feeders’ and the whole network knew it.

3 Likes

Are there any VIC/QLD/SA/WA versions?

17 Likes