Nine (WIN)

EPG for LCN 83 showing changeover from Sky News to 9Life.

3 Likes

Jesus christ that picture quality is bad. I assume the audio is also horrible?

It’s Cory Bernardi surely that question doesn’t need to be asked?

7 Likes

Are you sure it’s him? Can barely make out who it is lol

2 Likes

Yep, the sneer gives it away.

1 Like

SNOW went out with a promo before 9Life started.

9Life’s LCN matched the rest of WIN’s - no regional branding.

MPEG 4 is in use with 2.5 MBps being used atm

8 Likes

7 Likes

https://twitter.com/WIN_TV

I’ve noticed that WIN has deleted their Twitter account. Not sure when they did.

2 Likes

No surprise, having one was a waste of time and barely produced any engagement for them at all.

6 Likes

I think they’ve stopped using Twitter full stop. Facebook only now.

2 Likes

would like peoples opinion on the state based WIN NEWS, has it got better? There has been alot of chatter about the VIC based version and it seemed a disappointing effort, has it changed? Is it better should WIN be doing more or don’t they care (which seems to be a popular opinion on here and other social media sites)

3 Likes

i just saw a promo for WIN NEWS, they really need to drop the line best in local news, when the Western NSW, Vic and Qld state wide bulletins are clearly not the “best” in local news. Comparing Prime to WIN, PRIME are better staffed and are just getting to stories that WIN are not. and you cant say its a western NSW bulletin when you see stories from the ACT and Illawarra areas. (even though they dont mention places in the script, but you can tell) They are trying hard, just missing the mark at this stage.

2 Likes

I wonder how the recruitment is going. They were looking for a Grade 1 Journalist to cover Orange/Dubbo last time I checked. I’m guessing someone from Canberra or Wollongong will still call the shots on what to cover though.

1 Like

They still have jobs out for Wide Bay and Albury, with the Central West job removed recently. There is also a camo role with Central West still being advertised.

3 Likes

“Best” is such a subjective word, you can’t really measure it, so becomes a matter of opinion.

3 Likes

Just slightly off the latest thread above…and not knowing how to start a new thread, I wish to update a previous conversation.

When WIN returned to NINE programming on July 1, The Mildura HD feed had what I called “Sparkles” on the picture…It looked like something was overdriven or compressed or hitting the red line…Sorry for my lack of technical tv knowledge. These sparkles were most obvious on National Nine News and ACA. It was visible on other shows but not as noticeable. It was visible on blacks mostly and even on faces. It was quite noticeable.
Anyway, for the past 3 nights the sparkles are gone! It really looks like proper HD and the picture is very good and now that the sparkles are gone its funny how noticeable they actually were.
So good news for HD viewing in Mildura. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Why are they playing old broadcasts?

1 Like

Can’t remember if I replied earlier but I can also confirm I did see this very early on in July on WIN Gippsland too. I wasn’t in the area long enough due to subsequent Covid lockdowns to continue to monitor it though.

2 Likes

They’re not. @BigPointy got the name wrong

He didn’t get the name wrong. Nine News used to be called that. Sometimes people still refer things as their old names and there’s nothing wrong with that

4 Likes