Nine (WIN)

I downloaded it from the Australian Broadcasting Authority website literally in 2002.

The ACMA has a current version available on its website

https://www.acma.gov.au/sites/default/files/2021-01/9%20Televison%20by%20Area%20Served.pdf

How are you suppose to navigate that site anymore??

2 Likes

I put the specific link in the post above but the full list of reports for both radio and television is at

https://www.acma.gov.au/list-transmitters-licence-broadcast

Thanks for your help, I’m very VERY much appreciative of you kindness.

(Thank God the Internet Edition of the book has been updated.)

1 Like

No regional network have their own streaming service. WIN was against it, remember?

1 Like

WIN will become 9, and WDT will be 10 again.

3 Likes

And WIN had a frosty relationship with 9 before too. Some people have long memories

1 Like

So does the new (old) affiliation mean WIN News will return to all regional markets, or will 9News Local return to the individual market format?

1 Like

Keep in mind these are companies we are talking about, not humans. A bad relationship in the past for a company is far different from a bad relationship in the past for a human.

4 Likes

It’s likely that WIN will keep the news in the present areas but not add any more in different areas at this stage It will be a 30 minute format starting at 5 30 pm

2 Likes

I wonder if WIN News will update their graphics to match 10 News First after the switch.

1 Like

WIN is not showing 10 network programs in regional Queensland, regional Victoria and southern NSW / ACT after July 1. It may update graphics to match the 9 news look but to what extent i do not know

1 Like

Prime and WIN will join SCA and 10 at the negotiation table to get new deals for WDT, TDT and MDT. Let’s hope it’s all sorted by July 1 this time!

I would say TDT will get 10 HD plus 2 multi’s, while the WIN operated WDT and MDT will continue to exist as stone age stations and get 10 SD, 10 Bold “HD” and 10 Peach.

4 Likes

9 News Local is ending on 30 June.

What? Why?

1 Like

The opportunity to adopt the current 10 News graphics is gone now. It would make no sense to adopt the 10 graphics.

It will explain why WIN didn’t want to change graphics very much between 2016 and June 2021.

1 Like

Why would they switch to their competitors graphics after the affiliation switch?

4 Likes

I suspect @edwardtremethick was being a little tongue in cheek given WIN stuck with the Nine feel to their news bulletins following the last switch.

6 Likes
4 Likes

WIN was against Nine streaming in their areas. The best way to combat that is with an alternative of their own - it’s how STV and ITV work here - although only by relying on people to be honest in entering their postcode as you can get away with it with an out of region postcode.

And streaming has come a long way in 5 years.

(EDIT: Having just visited WIN’s website I realise how laughable the idea of them offering their own online streaming platform is. One of the worst TV company websites I’ve visited for some time - so clunky and lacking in content. I’d have thought they’d at least have a website for WIN News, even if it’s just uploading their nightly bulletins)

2 Likes