Nine (WIN)

If the reports are correct that the channels will be Nine-branded, including the main channel, then the one set of losers within WIN will be those who do the rebranding, particularly the promos including their voice-over person, but that’s something which should’ve been seen as inevitable and generally WIN have been an anomaly by holding on to the rebranding expense for so long.

I’d assume everyone else at WIN is happy, hoping their jobs will be on a more secure footing, despite the increase in revenue which will go to Nine.

3 Likes

Regional station groups don’t have streaming rights for programming. The networks buy national rights.

3 Likes

Thats all done by 10 Creative - the network marketing team. Not WIN.

4 Likes

I’d like to see WIN with dots. Still gives them their identity, whilst incorporating Nine branding.

2 Likes

I’d also like to see Yahoo Chat rooms make a come back and VHS players but the 90s are over and it’s time to let go. There’s no reason for WIN to keep their identity anymore, if it’s all Nine with the exception of news then just having Nine branding is perfectly fine and creates less confusion for others.

7 Likes

Maybe, if the local news is still branded WIN News, they could use the old dotted logo in their news, like 9NBN News still does.

2 Likes

But then they’d have to remove the dots for the noodle updates in NNSW. I think, in this case where WIN News is on both Nine and Ten affiliates, an independent brand is better.

2 Likes

I’d assume they’ll be doing the noodle updates separately anyway and using a different set of graphics wouldn’t be too onerous, but yes it’ll be easier for them to use one consistent set.

2 Likes

having said all this well done to WIN for the deal, a vast number of the population will be settled by the WIN channel 9 thing , god knows my elderly mother still cant work it out. But Who i do feel sorry for is the 9 local news staff, out on their bums 90% of them… and all of WIN TV championing the save our voices advertising campaign, and jobs are lost. “but its just business”

6 Likes

Having three providers of commercial tv news has been an aberration which is now rectified. Only WIN’s commitment has ensured WIN News remained operating over the past five years.

No one else would care enough.

2 Likes

I thought WIN didn’t want to put the dots in their logo? Are dots coming back with the 9 beside it?

2 Likes

I will be interested to see if WIN promote the Nine News brand along with WIN News, or if it will just referred to as “National News” as it was up to the last affiliation change.

4 Likes

they could do a 9 win and have 9 fade out or win fade out but got a feeling it will be 9 watermark and win should know watermarks wasnt designed to be color

2 Likes

Noticed Mass For You At Home is back on WIN. How long has that been back for? I remember in 2016, WIN controversially axed it when they switched to 10 affiliation.

3 Likes

It was reinstated not long after it got taken off IIRC

6 Likes

The thought was: Recent reports are saying there’ll be straight Nine branding on the stations; if correct but they still call their local news WIN News, then using the dotted 9WIN-style logo would at least provide some connection to the network brand.

2 Likes

Does anybody remember that WIN used to have a fishing program mainly for regional areas? I understand it has been renamed to Fishing Australia?. is it still on air or have that been axed?

2 Likes

Fishing Australia?

4 Likes

Yes it’s fishing Australia. Is it still on air?

2 Likes

Yes, it replaces Joel Osteen on Sunday mornings.

WIN Fishing Australia EPG 2021

It also airs Sunday arvos on 10 Bold on both WIN and 10 networks.

8 Likes