Nine (WIN)

Win did once have a transparent mappy.

As i reported on TV Blackbox this morning, the channels will continue to carry the Nine branding (Channel 9, 9Go, 9Gem etc.) Nine’s metro promos will air in regional markets, but WIN will also air some “Your watching Channel 9 on WIN Wagga” promos to maintain some of their branding and of course the WIN News brand will be maintained.

26 Likes

This has the potential to be the same mess as the branding on 9-NBN in Northern NSW.

7 Likes

Which would still be vastly superior to the WIN’s solid cover-ups.

I hope the report @KevinPerry posted is correct that the channels will be Nine-branded.

6 Likes

The closest example we have of WIN attempting to co-brand with Nine is Imparja, which is an absolute mess. Let’s hope it’s given a lot of thought and executed with care. It would be disappointing to see a WIN watermark during programming alongside Nine promos, for example. Either go all-in or don’t bother.

10 Likes

i suspect 9 will eventually own WIN and the name WIN will dissappear

1 Like

It’s funny, I’ve always ‘dreamt’ of WIN eventually turning into a lean affiliate with just dirty Nine with “you’re watching [insert channel] on the WIN Network” idents at the start of commercial breaks. Could become a reality!

16 Likes

I remember 7onPrime

3 Likes

I could also imagine there being a very angry NBN, had WIN been allowed to retain their existing branding independence while the network owned Northern NSW affiliate had to be Channel Nine for everything except local news…

Yep, I agree.

2 Likes

do i have permission to repost this on facebook and twitter?

So is WIN going to accept the 9Now app? Because I remember WIN complaining about it before

One key difference is Nine owns NBN, they don’t/won’t own WIN however under this agreement…

3 Likes

No problem, a link back to the original article is always appreciated.

1 Like

Yes, it’ll be in the affiliation agreement, and the media release mentioned a provision for WIN airing ads for Nine products/services such as 9Now.

1 Like

Under the agreement yes, but it is my belief that Nine still has an interest in buying out WIN.

2 Likes

Do you know if that would mean the 9Now Live TV section will show the local feeds or will it remain from the nearest capital city?

No offence mate but I think you should wait until more details are released. No one knows the finer details of the affiliation agreement.

3 Likes

None taken, you are right it is early days.

2 Likes

Funny enough, I’m pretty sure more people would know what NBN is then WIN, in both markets.

I do wonder what will happen to WIN NNSW, whether it changes to 10 branding, or keeps the WIN branding

10 Likes