Nine (WIN)

I suppose that WIN will again pointlessly swap channel numbers for their Nine and Ten affiliates in Griffith and South Australia.

4 Likes

yes they did! Dirty Sexy Money (a Disney show screened on Seven in 2008) promo on WIN SA

4 Likes

I hope Win uses 9 logo when advertising tv programs like Prime 7 uses 7 with their tv program advertising who on rare occasions did use prime7

3 Likes

Here’s my 5 minute MS Paint mock up of what the new logo and on-screen watermark should look like:
win

6 Likes

well what I was thinking how they use the 9 nbn watermark and just have 9 and WIN next to it

2 Likes

I think WIN will have a normal transparent watermark no dots. Covering the WWOS logo or have the there logo above it. I am glad 9Now is a option these days

1 Like

good work :slight_smile: I hope they get rid of Mappy or at least make it transparent like metro logos all transparent mappy only came back when win changed affiliates least this time wont be any affiliate changes for the next 7 years should been 10 years

Hopefully this will return, with a transparent watermark version:

But I fear instead it’ll still be mappy & stupid cover-ups.

8 Likes

Nope. No thanks. Can we just keep the Nine branding please. Not looking forward to WIN’s coverups and logos everywhere.

7 Likes

i think 9 app will be the go if win name stays lol

2 Likes

I agree. They should just retire the WIN branding on air and only keep it for news temporarily.
Or go the route of 9WIN and retire it slowly.

9 Likes

WIN can quite easily re-use their many of their presentation elements from before the affiliation change 5 years ago. Highlights how old Nine’s current look is. 1 July would be a good time for a graphics refresh for both networks.

5 Likes

I think they should retire the brand entirely, but doubt that will happen.
Retiring it would be the best thing for the general population rather than the confusion of keeping the brand but swapping the programming.

If the WIN brand is retired, the general population will just see that
WIN has changed name to Ten.

If they keep the brand, the general population will see that
Nine has disappeared without warning.
Ten has appeared suddenly.
WIN suddenly has different programming.
Confusing for the lay population.

5 Likes

Oh in that case, expect Bruce to keep WIN as a brand! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

One is for certain, the programming will largely swap LCNs
ie. Nine programming from LCN 5 to 8 again, and 10 from 8 back to 5.

Exactly what branding will appear on each remains to be seen, but it’s a pretty safe bet the 10 branding will be on 5.

4 Likes

Any possibility of the 10 LCN’s??

1 Like

I can tolerate the WIN branding if it looks like the network.

Their playout is pretty good at the moment except the on-air watermark. All the promos, line-ups and sponsorboards are identical to the network.

4 Likes

Fingers crossed the Saturday night Columbo, Kojak and Spyforce reruns make the cross from WIN Peach to WIN Gem or Go.

5 Likes

Agreed. The time has come. It’s what Nine would want and if the rumours about the Bermuda-based billionaire broadcaster’s board position is true, then it’s what he wants too.

3 Likes

Don’t misunderstand; I think rebranding is just a waste of time & money, and confuses the audience.

The WIN brand should disappear.

But if it stays, either temporarily or long-term, then it should be the 9WIN-style logo to make it clear this is the Nine Network.

Bruce wants to merge WIN into Nine, which has not been agreed to/announced.
If that does happen eventually, then the WIN brand will disappear, but probably not before.

Given WIN’s history of cover-ups, unless Nine acquire WIN, the WIN brand will continue.

With Nine’s apparent disinterest outside the metro cities, they may have rejected Gordon’s overtures for a takeover, and so today was it; just an affiliation agreement.
I suspect Nine preferred to get WIN’s 50% revenue share (without having to do local news) more than requiring Nine branding or 9WIN-style co-branding. I hope I’m wrong on this.

2 Likes