Nine (WIN)

so I’m guessing sca9 never got a mention?

I’m very curious as to this - do you have any stats to support this idea?

It is something that stands out looking at daily numbers.

Just a couple.

Married At First Sight launch episode - easy number one in the metro markets. Regionally it ranked 5th below Home and Away and The Chase.

Married AFS Final - easy number one in metro; 3rd regionals.

Bachelor In Paradise final - 12th metro, 17th regionals

Bachelor Launch - 8th/18th

Bachelor Final 7th/11th

Bachelorette Launch 9th/21st

3 Likes

That’s really curious @TV.Cynic

I wonder if it could be explained by the fact that Prime7/7QLD is the dominant station group across these markets. Other than 9NBN, SCA9 in QLD nsw act Vic and tad, and win across these areas - is mush less watched

All these shows you listed are on these networks

I see that more being a factor rather than less interest in dating shows

Judging by last night too 10 u posted - it seems all 9 shows rate lower across the Regional cities

Probably - the “East Coast” regional numbers hide the fact that in most market areas, there is a significant gap between the Number 1 and Number 2 networks in each market (its up to a 10 point gap)

There have been significant differences between the Top 20 compositions metro and regionally for some time - and it’s not just limited to the particular genre of show that @TV.Cynic pointed to. The lack of news (on the same scale as metro) in the regional top 20 certainly helps mix it up too - given that the 5:30 to 7pm timeslots vary even on a sub-market basis, top programs in that range are kind of meaningless.

2 Likes

That doesn’t mean they are watching different shows, it just means the top 20 list is stacked differently as all the local programming variances between 530 and 7 result in a different top 20 stack.

No?

Ive really seen nothing to suggest there are more pronounced differences between larger cities and smaller cities in viewing choices. At least no more than you can also find viewing differences between Melbourne and Perth. Or Brisbane and Adelaide.

My mother watches a lot of Channel Ten shows (usually as a PVR taping), she lives in Canberra with me. She doesn’t watch the reality shows (mainly stuff like Gogglebox, crime dramas on 10 Bold, The Living Room), but she belongs in this demographic.

I’d also suggest you’re likely to see a big difference between regional QLD, say, and regional Vic - where the ratings are probably much more closely aligned to Melbourne.

2 Likes

No - there is often non-news programming that either appears on the regional Top 20 list that doesnt on the metro and vice-versa. Having less news programming (in comparison) appearing in the regional top 20 makes the difference more pronounced.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Mock Schedules

Christmas Idents

2 Likes

WIN Queensland was running a dirty SD feed from 10 today. 10 Metro was not running any emergency/ standby mode. No idea if this is a regular thing but the switch to the SD feed was after a break and WIN were ready with the watermark coverup.

The switch back to normal was after an ad break

Also a WIN line-up

And Tuesday

8 Likes

More IDs

Amazing they’ve gone to the effort of having the noodle newsreaders do their own packages for Xmas.

1 Like

Mel Russell in Queensland with her daughter. Lincoln Humphries.

Found at a garage sale!

17 Likes

Anyone know the backing track of this promo? Probably production music. 2016 Canberra promo

2 Likes

See Regional TV History for more discussion.

3 Likes

Chris Polzot ID

Koala ID

1 Like

WIN’s Christmas Day Schedule:

• 1:00-2:00pm WIN Symphony Orchestra
  • 2:00-3:30pm Halfway Across the Galaxy and Turn Left
  • 3:30-5:00pm The Saddle Club
2 Likes