Nine (WIN)

No, nothing on LCN83. WA hasn’t had Gold for a year plus now. Possibly even before Sky News started.

4 Likes

Interesting. Definitely terrestrial? VAST WA has weird numbering for WIN’s multis too. I hope it has fixed the pixelation problem for good. For it to go like that for so long is beyond a joke, not only for viewers but the advertisers as well.

There is a complete history of Gold in WA at GOLD in Western Australia – Random TV Stuff

5 Likes

An update on @Informer’s informative information:

WIN HD looks amazing now. I see why you think it’s the best looking HD channel in the region. Can’t fault it really.

Sky News on WIN, on the other hand, looks the same as before at least from my local transmitter. Probably worse.

TVSN has always been MPEG-2 on terrestrial here, so no changes. Could have been different in other regions with the mixed equipment they use?

Edit: @Informer I just checked the new LCNs and they are in their correct positions. Probably need to do a delete and rescan on the WIN freq.

7 Likes

I get this channel list after a fresh DTV scan on 2 TVs and 1 PVR -
8 WIN
80 WIN HD
81 Bold
82 Peach
84 TVSN
85 Sky News.

This is in Bunbury on terrestrial. I usually watch via FuseNet HFC broadband and FTA cable. Analouge channels definitely got changed on HFC but not so on digital. In fact, I get the same channel list with bunny ears antenna.

Weird. Either way, a win for us regional WA.

3 Likes

It’s as though there’s a conflict with VAST’s odd numbering. Sky News is also on 85 there, and perhaps 83 remains blank at Mt Lennard because it’s already using 82. Who knows?

Cheers for the info! Will have to update channel lists now that 3 numbering schemes are in use :no_mouth:

6 Likes

Wondering if they’re leaving 83 free for the rumoured (and denied) 10 x MTV multi-channel

6 Likes

Been thinking the same thing

1 Like

6 Likes

Yes those screenshots are amazing except for the one with Christopher Pyne…

1 Like

I wonder if their clean feed from 10 is now better quality and that has improved the quality of WIN HD.

There was talk in the Ten On-Air Presentation thread that 10 may have upgraded part of their playout and have improved HD in general.

2 Likes

I would bet it’s on TENs side. I never seen WIN improve the quality of anything.

2 Likes

Saw this while scrolling through Google Images. Has anyone ever seen this logo before?
64842768_496224577585846_4828545286638927872_n-sgh2u3cdejyrurs3is2_ct300x225

3 Likes

Nope, I’ve never seen Television used in place of News like that before. They normally used the boxy logo with Television underneath WIN.

4 Likes

Why is the Canberra CH10 Win tv was showing a The View today 6am to 6.08am bit odd?
6.08am turn over to sky news?
can anyone tell me the reason?

2 Likes

4 Likes

It would appear the closure of some of WIN’s newsrooms has freed up some time for their graphic designers. It’s good to see them adapting to the 10 look and not just binning promos that require too much time to re-edit.

5 Likes

Shame it can’t be carried over to the watermarks eh? :joy:

6 Likes

These are supplied by 10.

9 Likes

Not anymore. WIN are left to re-edit all of 10’s promos.

1 Like

since when?

As late as last week I understood it to be 10 still providing WIN-ified promos.

3 Likes