Nine (WIN)

Celeb Name Game is on Peach in Tasmania.

2 Likes

You’ve heard of “Mappy on Studio 10”, now get ready for “Unreadable ticker on Sky News on WIN cause we’re lazy AF”.

1 Like

The headlines look alright, but the finance info is a tad too small. Is this because WIN are lazy? The same ticker is seen on Sky. Shouldn’t Sky be the ones accused of laziness?

2 Likes

Nah, doesn’t fit the agenda on some members here.
I’ve got no issues with WIN’s watermarks these days, outside of the issue I have with every station that watermarks are completely unnecessary.

3 Likes

its still on win peach here in victoria

1 Like

Celebrity still on WIN Peach in Canberra

I wish they would move the WIN logo to a different part of the screen during studio 10. They don’t have any trouble moving it for the Late Show with Stephen Colbert so I don’t see why this is any different

8 Likes

Guess i’m not the only one to complain about this… Ten always make Studio 10 watermark-free, so I guess WIN didn’t get the memo.

Meanwhile at MediaHub, the WIN programmers think it’s supposed to be like that…

There is a 10 logo on the bottom left, so another 10 logo really isn’t needed, is it? Also, that gap on the right hand side looks like it is designed for a watermark, so WIN are just filling in the gap? Maybe Ten should just extend their coloured bars all the way to the right.

3 Likes

no WIN programmers at Mediahub. Only presentation coordinators and tape operators “in the trenches” – and they only do what their told.

5 Likes

I think we have been a little hard on WIN. After all, WIN was the last one of the 3 major affiliates to axe Local News in regions. First it was Telecasters (which is now owned by SCA),then it was Prime Media was second (axing Local News in Wollongong, Canberra, Newcastle and Gold Coast).

Also noting that WIN didnt screen Local News in the Riverina and Central West in NSW, Riverina and in Far North Queensland at the inception of aggregation. I think WIN has done well to maintain Local News in the other markets given it is now affiliated with Network Ten ( more often than not ranked third). Perhaps WIN needs to look at showing the Local News as an encore on 10Bold at say 7pm in the markets it is still produced for. At least that way they could give it an opportunity to attract more viewers (and perhaps if they were clever possibly do a 2 minute noodle update of national stories and show the first news story aired on Ten News in full - even if it means editing one local story out)

7 Likes

A quick shot of an ad on WIN tonight during NCIS.

10 Likes

And I’m pretty sure that Lite 'n Easy ad is airing through all the commercial networks, not just Nine (making the endtag odd)…

Mappy’s not there!

5 Likes

It’s not shown on Ten News First, never has been.

9 Likes

Both the 10 Bold and WIN Bold watermarks are showing on WIN Bold now. Guess WIN haven’t been told about the new positions now… And I’m aware WIN badly promote the multichannels

1 Like

New positions?

2 Likes

11 Likes

This always happens during the F1 highlights. WIN have it in the corner that doesn’t cover any of the stats on screen, 10 don’t. Usually changes 20-30 mins in. Nothing’s changed at all.

3 Likes

Now live

From 10

5 Likes