Nine (WIN)

Time to update the logo?

23 Likes

In the Riverland WIN still manages the Nine network transmission (albeit not the main channel and branded as “Nine” not WIN).

4 Likes

Maybe it’s being sponsored by WIN Carribean? :grin:

http://wincaribbean.net/

11 Likes

I saw this in Brisbane today, Win Network Sport (whatever that is?) logo next to 7 Local News.

8 Likes

Imagine looking out the rear view mirror to see what’s behind you in traffic. With that WIN sticker on the window, it’ll be like watching WIN TV from the comfort of your vehicle.

16 Likes

Has that disgusting mappy logo been reduced in size slightly, I was just showing my mate why WIN coming to town was such horrible nightmare, he coming from Melbourne is glad not to be living regionally.

4 Likes

I try my best to avoid WIN even whilst channel surfing to be honest, but I doubt the size has been reduced.

If anything, I’d be fully expecting mappy and co to get a massive upgrade in the coming days to make it even more intrusive so that Dinosaur Bruce can vent out his frustrations on losing his Ten bid - unfortunately his poor viewers will get punished (yet again). :persevere:

Sort of a way in Bruce’s world on getting revenge at his viewers expense.
IMG_1014

And the old dickhead is too stupid to realise it’s costing him viewers, therefore ratings, therefore $$

7 Likes

Too stupid or he simply just doesn’t care (I’d pick the latter). Either way his viewers (the few that remain glued to his famous blue, green and purple stained channels) continue getting subjected to it due to his giant ego.

4 Likes

Is he really the one making the final call though? He’s an arrogant bull I know that but everything about WIN screams amateur

Yes. Someone who used to work at WIN posted on this forum when the mappy dramarama reached its peak, saying that the solid map’s introduction coincided with Bruce being in town for the staff Christmas party, and that similar events had happened in the past.

So my impression is that Bruce spends 11.5 months a year in Bermuda, and then sweeps into the Illawarra like a misguided cyclone, barking commands.

7 Likes

I can confirm the same insider info was posted here when WIN began covering GO! and GEM watermarks.

4 Likes

So Bruce doesn’t have to watch win? He just comes here and inflicts the stupid orders on his network. I wonder what the staff think.

Overall it really isn’t a brand with any sort of recognition.

Cbs should swoop in and have a full network in metro and rural Australia.

Although I would like to see win negotiating the next affiliate deal with cbs … would be hilarious seeing Bruce screwed over.

2 Likes

Exactly. This time around it’s not backed up with a strong locally-focused campaign. Who remembers the WIN Territory days? That was strong. Also a bit corny, but it gave reason to the WIN brand being inflicted everywhere. This latest Bruce hissy-fit seems totally backwards and not implemented for any logical reason other than Bruce says so.

6 Likes

The Win Territory day’s/brand was iconic. They were foolish to stop running with that tag line.

6 Likes

Just noticed a week ago having not watched free to air for ages, it said WIN above the 11 watermark. Also the 11 watermark seems bigger than I remember when I lived in a metro area.

Must really be ages since you watched, it’s been like that most of the year :frowning:

3 Likes

Really? It’s been like this on One and Eleven since March (originally with the small transparent WIN above and then with the current solid coloured versions):
https://forums.mediaspy.org/t/win-television/55/3317?u=eyewitnesstv

Yes. He definitely calls the shots as I understand it.

This posted earlier in the year by a user who worked there many years ago:

1 Like

Oh yes! :slightly_smiling_face: The WIN Territory days were great IMO. Better along with being much stronger brand than the illogical mishmash that they are presented as these days.

1 Like

To play devil’s advocate here, it was easier for them to establish a brand back then because, well, they only had one channel to rebrand, and they were affiliated to the number one capital city network.

Now they’re trying to do something similar with the third rated network in a multichannel environment that’s been swamped to streaming.

2 Likes