Nine (WIN)

“Honey, let’s have our next holiday on the Gold Coast because we’ll still get to watch the Sydney news and Tim Bailey’s weather!”

Said no one ever.

Ahh, don’t we all love Tim Bailey fails?! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

I’m seeing some picture issues on WIN 11 tonight, seems like it’s dropped frames as the picture is very choppy and every second subtitle is missing.

Other WIN channels, and 11 Sydney are fine.

Is anyone else noticing this?

2 Likes

I can only come to one conclusion. Tim Bailey’s called Prime Gold Coast instead of WIN to find out which bulletin they’re airing!

9 Likes

The WIN 11 picture issues here in Newcastle seem to have been fixed.

And it would appear that the ad feeds on WIN 1 and 11 are localised to each market here in Northern NSW.

Speaking of ads on the multi channels, one thing I did notice when I was in Newcastle last weekend was ads for Crawford Productions DVD’s.

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve seen a few of these too, mostly on 1 and 11.

1 Like

I think I spoke too soon!

WIN 11 has now totally shat itself… black screen, no sound, no nothing.

Again, all other WIN channels and 11 Sydney are OK.

1 Like

Seems to be ok on the Gold Coast. Perhaps an issue just unique to Newcastle? How weird.

2 Likes

Lets celebrate WIN being introduced to the Gold Coast by giving away a trip to the Gold Coast. Bet all those new WIN Gold Coast viewers are lining up to enter that competition.

3 Likes

And one they probably don’t know even exists :grin:

4 Likes

Thanks, I’ll tune it out from my channel list when I’m next there. If they can’t provide a point of difference, even less interested than I was to begin with.

The days of NRTV/Gold Coast Television have been long forgotten by three, now four consecutive managements of NRN who don’t care for local TV.

With the decline of regional TV in the last 20 years, regional TV on the Gold Coast has gone from a must watch with Prime being the first and best local news bulletin (a story line up remaining unmatched today) to a total irrelevance due to no point of difference. Gold Coast residents see no need to view the regional channels, the client list has gone backwards dramatically, it’s virtually non existent.

9 Likes

OT but the only difference is you can watch 7 News Sydney and NBN News windows somehow containing everything Lismore and Newcastle on a weekend.

You’re right though, these channels aren’t a patch of the NRTV of old or what Prime Gold Coast used to produce locally and nightly. Networks aren’t interested in local content much anymore.

Will things change with WIN? Probably not.

6 Likes

Is Stephen Mayne suggesting that Bruce Gordon is under financial pressure? I wonder if Gordon will sell his stakes in Nine and Seven if he needs some cash.

1 Like

I’d suggest he is connecting dots that don’t connect. An assumption based on money lost from the Ten investment thus far.

images

7 Likes

Watching a bit of Eleven tonight (something I haven’t done in quite a few months), and oh lordy, if the horror show that is the current PQ wasn’t bad enough the audio was very “crackly” tonight. Is this the norm to expect now on WIN’s channels? And it seems they still have timing issues going to-from ad-breaks with the Ten feed slipping through constantly (kinda annoying as they also return late to programs so you miss parts of said show). I kinda regret tuning in now. Pathetic indeed. :roll_eyes::persevere:

5 Likes

I was having issues earlier in the week here in Newcastle with dropped frames, every 2nd subtitle missing, and a period of black screens.

But no issues with ad break timings, and I don’t think the PQ is any worse than what you get over on 7TWO, 7flix, 9Go, 9Gem or 9Life.

3 Likes

Watching WIN Mildura last night I noticed a lot of local commercials, with not much national advertising which is strange for a couple of reason. Prime7 had a little bit more national advertising but still had fair share of local. The commercial breaks leading up to 6pm where also interesting replacing the Win News Update with a commercial than had (WIN)Ten program promo, I think there was only one commercial saying Family Feud was on at 6pm. The Win Newsbreak came on at 5:55pm which lasted the whole commercial break the same as WIN SA.

WIN SA tonight had a lot more Family Feud commercials and they airing more national commercials than WIN Mildura

4 Likes

OK, WIN itself can be alright at times but not perfect, but Eleven in particular is terrible. You try watching any fast sudden motion on there and you’ll see how poor it is. This is the same issue 9Go! suffered under WIN pre-affiliation swap. Now it looks like their audio is stuff on Eleven too.

Would differ from market to market I suppose. It seems the bad timing is at its worst during the 5pm News on WIN for some reason. However seems this occurs throughout the evening on all channels.

3 Likes

Motorsport ident:

1 Like