Nine (WIN)

New sponsor board airing on WIN, ‘enjoy summer with WIN’ followed by sponsor ad

Don’t have a cap of it yet unfortunately but I guess it doesn’t matter, I’ve only seen it on the WIN Seven SA channels so far

According to a Canberra Times article about the 2016 TV ratings year, (which also includes ratings figures for the Wollongong market) since the affiliation swap from Nine to Ten on July 1, WIN fell to 3rd place in their heritage Wollongong market.

2 Likes

well done Bruce!

1 Like

WIN’s Christmas Ident:

9 Likes

Oh wow, they actually did one this year

3 Likes

You sound like it hasn’t been done in the past?

1 Like

Surprised they bothered with even a simple Id this year. Let’s see what else they’ve got to air in the next few weeks…

At least they are telling the truth - that Koala sums up what most people think of WIN these days it seems. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

WIN is currently of very poor quality. Eleven and One are completely missing in Tas at the moment. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

BBL on WIN.

[quote=“xyz223, post:2710, topic:55, full:true”]
New sponsor board airing on WIN, ‘enjoy summer with WIN’ followed by sponsor ad[/quote]

5 Likes

so I’ll lose my husband every night for 2 months from next week. Great.

3 Likes

An ad just aired on WIN at about 10:05am QLD time for “We Bought a Zoo” which said NEXT.

Checked the EPG and it’s scheduled for 7:30pm tonight… oops!

1 Like

Looks like WIN will be mostly recycling Christmas Ids for this year as I just saw one those animal ones. More than I expected from them. :yum:

Is it just me or is Win HD in Tas (North in particular) so much worse than normal seeing a huge amount of compression artefacts regularly that I dont remember seeing before recently.

1 Like

Yes it’s absolutely horrendous - not sure what they have done to it.

Has been like this for a number of days now. I was up North yesterday and it’s even worse than I’ve been experiencing back in Hobart. One and Eleven are verging on unwatchable with frequent pixelation and occasional dropouts at the minute (not that there’s anything worth watching but that’s beside the point).

Not sure what WIN are up to now. It has always been rather ordinary on all of Ten’s channels, but it’s getting worse. Are other regions affected?

WIN are running with the solid WIN logo coverup.

Has anyone else noticed when this occurs, the return to program seems to run at a slow speed for the first second?

Christmas ID

3 Likes

So weird - that feels nothing like the rest of Ten (WINs) brand. Their voice is young cheeky and irreverent. This feels old fashioned.

Also - it’s red - Seven’s color. You think they would try and make it feel somewhat like their new affiliate partner.

Here is the affect of the affiliation swap on SCA’s and WIN’s stations in QLD, SNSW, VIC and TAS

This is for WIN and SCA’s primary station only, and the “season to date” pre July 1 - and the last week of the 2016 season

QLD
WIN/Ten down 42%
SCA/Nine up 33%

SNSW
WIN/Ten down 29%
SCA/Nine up 57%

VIC
WIN/Ten down 45%
SCA/Nine up 73%

TAS
WIN/Ten down 15%
SCA/Nine up 16%