Nine (WIN)

You’re kidding?

No I’m not. It was fucked. Hugh pretty much called him an idiot and corrected the error.

Bailey is a fucking joke…like the network he works for.

7 Likes

Hugh Riminton had a good laugh at Bailey, saying his head had too much sun! Sandra Sully laughed too. Time for Tim Bailey to move on

2 Likes

Is that what they call meth these days? :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I’m watching from Sydney and noticed Tim Bailey’s mistake tonight mentioning Prime instead of WIN. I hope this has been recorded by someone so we can all watch it again and again and have a good laugh about it. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken, Ten uploads all of it’s local bulletins to TenPlay later in the evening so we can watch Bailey’s Blunder there! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

You could just imagine Bruce Gordon choking on his food if he was watching.

5 Likes

Choking on his fresh truffle baguette as he watches a live feed in his rumpus room.

8 Likes

Then he calls the graphics team and orders coverups for the news.

11 Likes

or cover ups for the weather presenter…

12 Likes

Here’s video. I remember on Friday night he correctly mentioned that the new affiliation was with WIN. How could he forget only a few days later?

15 Likes

You can say that Tim Bailey is past his prime…

2 Likes

And Jane Bunn says.

‘And now the weather and its looking good in Bendigo the home of Imparja, we love Imparja Televison on Channel 6!’

Meanwhile ‘It is not Imparja it is Prime Whoops!’

5 Likes

Sandra basically summed Bruce’s thoughts up after seeing this regarding affiliating with Ten, ‘WHOOPS’.

7 Likes

Is Win’s channel quality bad because of financial reasons ? They are doing something on the cheap so we get a crappy SD quality ?

No, bitrate.

4 Likes

The solution
https://vimeo.com/173330207/settings

22 Likes

It is financial. For the tech heads out there, WIN use ASI compression to squeeze 3 SDI signals down a DVN line instead of sourcing as a single baseband or a less ASI compressed signal on a DVN line. SCA on the other hand pay for more DVN lines/capacity so as to enable better PQ.

5 Likes

:joy: :joy:

Good to know the real reasons. So I presume those 3 SDI signals are the 3 SD services, and they have a dedicated DVN pipe for the HD service? Stingy bastards.