Nine/Stan Rugby Union Coverage

3 Likes

They’ve only just worked it out now? :thinking:

2 Likes

It also means extra cost to pubs and clubs as they will have to buy new smart TVs to replace their existing ones. They will also need reliable internet access to ensure no dropout, not an easy feat if they are located in rural and regional areas.

1 Like

Just buy a Chromecast with Google TV, and away you go.

Don’t know about the reliable internet connection…that’s a tough one.

4 Likes

Watching through a Fetch box

2 Likes

Once Stan Sport becomes more known, maybe they would make a channel for it? I doubt they are planning too, but who knows?

Nah. The future is streaming, no need to put it onto a normal (for lack of a better word) channel, aside from the simulcasts on Nine. Even for the non-FTA games - it’d be cheaper to just get the pubs and clubs to put Stan Sport on a Chromecast and a splitter that evades DHCP.

5 Likes

Two slight issues I noticed with the graphics over the weekend:

The red box denoting the Waratahs had a player sent off seemed to keep disappearing and reappearing, and on the Brumbies game, for whatever reason, the colour of their scorebox was blue when they were wearing orange which could’ve made it difficult for the casual viewer to work out which team was which.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Is this not an odd thing for outgoing Nine CEO (owner of subsidiary Stan) to say?

3 Likes

Keyword is ‘outgoing’

2 Likes

Sounds like Mike Sneesby is a strong possibility for the CEO job and it’s not Hugh Marks first pick.

2 Likes

Publicly dumping on Mike Sneesby is very odd. Maybe it is a sign that Sneesby will not be Mark’s replacement?

But, as the boss of Nine surely Marks is ultimately responsible for the failure of the Sky Channel deal.

5 Likes

Even though he’s outgoing and his good reputation has been somewhat diminished in recent months, would he (as incumbent CEO) not have a big say / sway as to the next Chief Exec? He’s said to be good mates with Costello isn’t he?

On that note too, isn’t there reported ‘disagreements’ among the Nine board?

2 Likes

Watching the Reds / Rebels pregame on Stan Sports. The stream is very good no buffering, and the picture looks sharper (full HD) tonight.
Looks like they have fixed the issues of last week.

3 Likes

Still complaints about buffering on Stan Sport socials. However I haven’t had any problems.

One thing to note is last weekend there was a “play from start” option during live games. Seems to have disappeared this week. I hope it returns

Edit to say I just double checked and the play from start has now appeared for the current game, which wasn’t there during the Highlanders game

2 Likes

Less people having issues then last week going by the comments. I am noticing improvements at my end.

2 Likes

I notice that for this round of Super Rugby, match highlights on Rugby Australia’s YouTube channel are limited to 3 minutes duration, but those on Super Rugby’s Twitter account go for around six minutes including every try scored. Odd.

1 Like

The videos on Super Rugby’s YouTube page are 5–6 minutes in length.

1 Like

Stan sports having a shocker for me tonight, trying to watch the Tah’s V Force game, intermittent buffering and speech out of sync.

1 Like