Nine/Stan Rugby Union Coverage

It’s not a bad looking set, but the desk looks so far set back into the corner so it makes it look small in comparison to the scale of the set and the room they have available.

In some shots it looks like the main screen is a little low for the height of the desk/riser, it would also have been nice to see them change the top of the desk as it looks a little cheap.

2 Likes

The highlights on the Super Rugby YouTube channel have their own watermark.

1 Like

If this deal does end up going ahead how will it work? Will pubs and clubs have to get another satellite?

1 Like

Why is Stan only showing two top league games? There are 5 games today.

1 Like

I saw somewhere that NZ only show two games as well, so it must have something to do the rights agreement

I’m assuming it would just would just be another channel on the sky satellite like the two they already have

1 Like

Does Sky Satellite still exist? Wow, I thought that disappeared a long time ago.

1 Like

Interesting that Allanna Ferguson was on the panel for the union coverage.
She has featured prominently on Nine’s NRL coverage in the last few years.
Hopefully she will still be involved on that as well this year.

1 Like

The linked article says so. Foxtel, Sky, and Optus

1 Like

Other than Jap rugby, when do the other leagues and competitions start?

1 Like

Hehehe. Boofhead. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Six Nations is already underway, European domestic rugby tends to start late August.

1 Like

I just watched the highlights of last night’s match between Western Force and ACT Brumbies on YouTube, and saw a couple of comments underneath, saying there were no broadcast deals (TV or streaming) in place for the US and the UK for the start of the new Super Rugby season. Did Rugby Australia forget those two markets while it was finalising broadcasting arrangements with Nine and Stan?

2 Likes

They’re slightly complicated as now the competitions have split up, but Rugby Australia don’t sell the overseas rights - SANZAAR do.

They are having to accept a pretty sharp drop in rights money and are haggling over the number is my understanding.

3 Likes

I’m talking about Shute Shield, Hospital Cup, Super W

1 Like

Oh. I thought when you said ‘Jap’ (probably don’t use that abbreviation btw) League you meant overseas stuff.

2 Likes

Was just about to say that, it has a very derogatory connotation.

2 Likes

Unless you are talking about pumpkins, even those are now renamed Kent.

2 Likes

Sorry I didn’t realise that.

1 Like

The Sky UK deal ended and that was done through links with Foxtel through News Corp - but now Sky is under different ownership (NBC Universal) and Foxtel don’t have the rights. In addition Sky have pretty much withdrawn from rugby union, dispanding their dedicated team. They’ve the Lions rights this year but nothing else in the pipe line, though the Six Nations and Autumn International rights go out to tender this year - but Amazon is seen as the more likely victor if they aren’t free to air.

1 Like

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Stan Sport