Nine Sports Broadcasting

My bet is Clint Stanaway will host from studio like Wimbledon

5 Likes

The last world swimming championships on Australian TV was also in Budapest in 2017 but was on 7two

2 Likes

It would appear based on the official guide on their website, that it’s only the 1 hour highlights package that will be on Channel 9 (most likely on 9GO! like Indycar and Formula E) next weekend, and no live coverage at all (despite what the Instagram guide implies).

https://www.fiawec.com/assets/ressources/2022/News/Pipo%20helmet/WEC_TV%20Distribution_24%20Hours%20Le%20Mans.pptx

3 Likes

The live coverage is on Stan Sport. They are showing practise, warm up, hyperpole and the full race

3 Likes

Promo for Budapest world swimming championship is on 9Now

2 Likes
3 Likes

“The home of swimming” not really.

2 Likes

Good to see the Swimming championships back on the Nine network. However, swimming will not be the same without Ray Warren.

2 Likes

Who will commentate?

World feed I’d gather.

1 Like

9Go will be used in week 2 I assume due to Wimbledon commitments

3 Likes

I’d rather an in studio call than a world feed. Some of these world feeds have been horrendous.

5 Likes

Nine signs on for Swimming World Championships

LIVE AND FREE ON 9GEM, EVERY EVENT LIVE ON 9NOW

Nine’s Wide World of Sports will dive in to broadcast the 19th FINA World Championships in Budapest, exclusively Live and Free on 9Gem and 9Now from Saturday, June 18.

In the swimming titles across eight days from June 18-25, the Australian charge will be led by Kaylee McKeown , Shayna Jack , Madison Wilson and Abbey Harkin in the women’s events.

In the men’s races, Kyle Chalmers , Zac Stubblety-Cook , Mack Horton and Mitch Larkin will provide Australia’s best gold medal chances, before our relay teams hit the water.

The greatest female distance swimmer of all time, Katie Ledecky , will be out to halt an Australian gold medal haul along with her American counterpart Caeleb Dressel , England’s Adam Peaty and Hungary’s Kristof Milak .

Making the announcement live on Sports Sunday this morning, dual Olympic gold medalist swimmer Bronte Campbell said: “We’re sending a ripping Aussie team to Budapest and I can’t wait to see how they perform against the best in the world. Our Men’s team is in great form and our Women will lead from the front as they have in all the major tournaments. I’ll be feeling jealous watching them race but cheering my loudest along with the rest of the Australia.”

Diving, water polo, artistic swimming and open water swimming will make up the Wide World of Sports coverage of every event from Budapest, running until July 4, and all available to live stream on 9Now.

SWIMMING BROADCAST SCHEDULE
Day 1 – Sat, June 18 7.15pm 9Gem and 9Now
Day 2 – Sun, June 19 5.00pm 9Gem and 9Now
Day 3 – Mon, June 20 5.00pm 9Gem and 9Now
Day 4 – Tues, June 21 5.00pm 9Gem and 9Now
Day 5 – Wed, June 22 5.00pm 9Gem and 9Now
Day 6 – Thurs, June 23 5.00pm 9Gem, 9Go and 9Now
Day 7 – Fri, June 24 5.00pm 9Gem and 9Now
Day 8 – Sat, June 25 5.00pm 9Gem, 9Go and 9Now

3 Likes

Is that old 9Now logo a mistake or are we seeing a revival? :thinking:

2 Likes

Any word of the broadcast team?

Surely it’s not the world feed. The swimming callers from previous world feeds have been subpar.

Are these finals taking place in that decent time slot advertised or are they heats?

The afternoon timeslots shown above are just for morning heats. Due to time difference (Budapest is 8 hours behind AEST), finals will be held in early morning in Australia.

3 Likes

Or at least a host and studio panel

Scheduling of the FINA finals now from Nine so far received

Day 1 – Sun, June 19 1.20 am
Day 2 – Mon, June 20 1.50 am
Day 3 – Tue, June 21 1.50 am

Note: AEST - 1.20 am Sunday is the late night of Saturday.

2 Likes

James Bracey is hosting, Mike McCann is commentating with Bobby Hurley.

1 Like

Fina caps

4 Likes