Nine Sports Broadcasting

Nine now (since last week) showing the WWOS opener for The Sunday Footy Show and Footy Classified on GEM.

I don’t know if this is also new for Mel/Ade/Per on Nine.

3 Likes

ACA’s Seb Costello commentated the SSN game yesterday. Was quite good as well!

NBN News reporter and host of the Netball Podcast, Sacha Shipway, disagrees!

I only watched a bit, and I thought he was quite good. His analyst did a lot of the talking. I’m not a netball expert though, so I don’t know what it was like re terminology, etc.

Also, just because they’re an ex-player, shouldn’t mean they just get the job!

Sharon Finnen joining Nine’s netball coverage today

Nine has issued a schedule amendment as Sunday’s Netball fixture has been cancelled.

What a great response from the Fever:

Why do they feel the need to be such dicks about it?

The current COVID-19 travel restrictions into WA has VIC as ‘Low risk’ meaning the team would have had to have gone into quarantine for 14 days.

2 Likes

Exactly. They didn’t ‘refuse’ to play, they were refused entry as they had been in NSW in the last 14 days.

3 Likes

With both Swifts and Giants now in Queensland, perhaps it’s time to return to a hub like last year.

The government made accommodations for the football. Seeing the wording was that they refused to travel, maybe the same offer was on the table but was too much for a netball team with fewer resources

Open the roof at RAC Arena and have a mid afternoon game, would be okay covid-wise I think

Edit. Just had a look at the Vixens FB page and it said they were refused exemptions. So my theory is out the window

5 Likes

Initially it was the three Vixens players who visited Byron Bay who were refused exemptions. Vixens told the ABC they attempted to find replacement players from Victoria but they were also denied entry to WA.

2 Likes

Roz Kelly presenting sports Sunday in lieu of James Bracey who is hosting state of origin tonight

3 Likes

Four Super Netball teams (Giants, Swifts, Lightning, Firebirds) are moving to Melbourne for at least two weeks due to COVID lockdowns in Sydney and Brisbane respectively, with the league still deciding how the round 9 fixtures will proceed.

UPDATE 1/7:
Swifts will play Fever at Melbourne’s John Cain Arena this Sunday at 1pm AEST. The match will be played under quarantine restrictions and will be closed to the public, however will be shown live on Nine nationally.

Firebirds will then face Giants at John Cain Arena at 5pm AEST. The match is also closed to the public and will be shown live on Telstra TV.

Thunderbirds will host Magpies at 3pm AEST with Netball SA Stadium able to run at 75 per cent capacity under direction from SA Health.

1 Like

Fixtures for the Constellation Cup netball have been released. This will be the final Netball broadcasts for Nine. Times are TBC

Wed 13 October: Brisbane
Sun 17 October: Cairns
Thu 21 October: Auckland
Sun 24 October: Wellington

2 Likes

A condensed fixture to complete the 2021 Super Netball season is on the cards, with six teams from QLD, NSW and Victoria relocating to Adelaide hub.

UPDATE 16/7: Firebirds and Lightning had been denied entry in South Australia after the state government scrapped a planned relaxation of border restrictions with Queensland.

Netball schedule - now on Saturday (AEST)

Sat Jul 17, 2021

1300 SUNCORP SUPER NETBALL
1500 SUNCORP SUPER NETBALL

2 Likes

There will be no Super Netball matches this weekend, to give players a mini break after many of them scrambled from Adelaide to Brisbane to escape the 7-day COVID lockdown imposed this week.

2 Likes

Suncorp Super Netball released a revised fixture for the final three rounds yesterday. The matches will all be held in SE Queensland and will be played on either Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays or Saturdays, in order for the regular season to finish on August 7.
SSN also confirmed the dates of the finals, with two semi-finals on Saturday August 14, the preliminary final on August 21 and Grand Final on August 28.

1 Like