Nine Sports Broadcasting

http://nbl.com.au/news/article/nbl-finals-schedule-and-broadcast-details

Nine are at least showing all the semis on FTA now. Using 9Go late nights (11.20pm) to show the potential 4 games that aren’t live. And the Perth live game is now on Nine as opposed to 9Go. Little bit happier about that, would rather see more live and/or main channel though.

Game 1 of Perth v Brisbane will actually be shown in Sydney and Melbourne on 9GO! on one-hour delay, due to time difference (tip-off in Perth is 10.20pm AEDT).

I suspect it’ll be a longer delay - the earlier Melbourne v Sydney game is also scheduled for an 11.20pm start on 9Go!, so I expect they’ll run the doubleheader in order

2 Likes

The first two finals are 11.20pm into 1.10am actually (finishing at 3am), so the Game will well and truly be over by the time it airs. Better than nothing I suppose.

The 60 min WWE RAW package also moves from it’s usual Thu/Fri midnight slot to Sat/Sun midnight this week.

Oops I forget both game 1 will be held on the same night.

why is channnle 9 not broadcast 3 hour raw
only the 1 hour show only?

Foxtel probably has exclusivity for the full shows.

1 Like

If viewers in the core market (the US) aren’t tuning into the 3 hour RAW programs whose ratings have been consistently lower than ever before in the last year or two, how can Australians be expected to do so?

1 Like

Perth Wildcats will face defending champions Melbourne United in the 2018/19 NBL Grand Final Series after they beat Brisbane Bullets and Sydney Kings respectively this weekend. The five-game series begins in Perth on Friday night.
Game 1: RAC Arena, Friday 8 March, 9.30pm AEDT
Game 2: Melbourne Arena, Sunday 10 March, 2.30pm AEDT
I expect 9GO! will show the day matches live and night matches on delay.

F##k Melbourne United. Perth in 3.

Yes, I am salty.

Schedule Change for 9Go:

Sunday 10 March
NATIONAL BASKETBALL LEAGUE
Finals Series - Melbourne United v Perth Wildcats

Sydney, Melbourne 2:30pm
Adelaide 2:00pm
Brisbane 1:30pm
Perth 11:30am

1 Like

More on the NBL on 9Go!

Fri 8 Mar 2019

10:00 pm NATIONAL BASKETBALL LEAGUE Finals Series - Perth Wildcats v Melbourne United

That means WWE SMACKDOWN moves to 12:30 am

Fri 15 Mar 2019

10:15 pm NATIONAL BASKETBALL LEAGUE Finals Series - Finals Series - Perth Wildcats v Melbourne United

WWE SMACKDOWN at 12:45 am

The NBL has published full broadcast details of the Grand Final series between Perth Wildcats and Melbourne United on its website.

Game 1 – Perth v Melbourne, Friday 8th March, RAC Arena
Melbourne – 9Go! 10pm - Live
Sydney - 9Go! 10pm - Live
Perth – 9GEM 7pm - Live
Brisbane – 9Go! 10pm -Delayed
Adelaide – 9Go! 10pm - Delayed
Fox Sports 507 - Live

Game 2 – Melbourne v Perth, Sunday 10th March, Melbourne Arena
Melbourne – 9Go! 2.30pm -Live
Sydney - 9Go! 2.30pm - Live
Brisbane – 9Go! 1.30pm - Live
Adelaide – 9Go! 2.00pm - Live
Perth – 9Go! 11.30am -Live
Fox Sports 507 - Live

Game 3 – Perth v Melbourne, Friday 15th March, RAC Arena
Melbourne – 9Go! 10.15pm -Live
Sydney - 9Go! 10.15pm - Live
Perth – 9GEM 7.15pm - Live
Brisbane – 9Go! 10.15pm - Delayed
Adelaide – 9Go! 10.15pm - Delayed
Fox Sports 503 - Live

Game 4 – Melbourne v Perth, Sunday 17th March, Melbourne Arena (if required)
Melbourne – 9Go! 2.00pm - Live
Sydney - 9Go! 2.00pm - Live
Brisbane – 9Go! 1.00pm - Live
Adelaide – 9Go! 1.30pm - Live
Perth – 9Go! 11.00am - Live
Fox Sports 503 - Live

1 Like

Best of 4 games (how does that work), or is it best of 5 games?

It is still best of five games. If game 5 is required then the NBL will reveal broadcast details next week.

Does this mean the NT is getting the two Friday night games on a 90 minute delay?

Schedule for NTD is that posted above for 9Go!

Bit unlucky for them but I guess they’re used to it. Know they get less Tour de France for example. Shame it’s 2019 and delayed sport shouldn’t happen. It’s great though that most of the country gets to see this finals series live, hopefully 9 get it in HD next year.

Brisbane and Adelaide are also delayed on Friday nights.