Nine Sports Broadcasting

Certainly doesn’t have the appeal it once had in the 90s. I reckon as many people in the street would have a better idea of who David Eckstein is as opposed to multiple and current champ Shannon Eckstein. (For the record David played short stop for several MLB teams including a championship with the Angels in 2002) Once upon a time just about everyone had heard of a Trevor Hendy or Guy Leech.

##australia and India Women’s T20

from Tuesday 26 January

Australia and India women’s cricket teams will face off in the three-match KFC Twenty20 International Series in Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney beginning Tuesday, January 26 at 2:30pm on the Nine Network and will be hosted by Wide World of Sports presenter, Yvonne Sampson.

Nine Network’s Head of Sport, Steve Crawley said “There’s something special about the Southern Stars, and what better way to spend Australia Day than by watching the champion T20 women’s team in the afternoon against India and then the men at night.”

“We have a number of experts in place for these three matches – Mel Jones, Isabelle Westbury and Caty Price – plus unprecedented access to both teams.”

Broadcast schdule

Good on Nine for putting ONE of the Women’s T20 on the main channel, but it would have been nice to see more than one on Nine (ie. the other 2 being on GEM instead).

[quote=“Radiohead, post:46, topic:380, full:true”]
Good on Nine for putting ONE of the Women’s T20 on the main channel, but it would have been nice to see more than one on Nine (ie. the other 2 being on GEM instead).[/quote]
The second game of Women’s T20 is on a working day (Friday) and on January 31 Nine is showing highlights of Ironman series round 2.

Finally an Indian voice (VVS Laxman) for a few overs in the commentary box!

1 Like

Michael Clarke will be commentating in today’s ODI.

The one thing that really annoys me about Nines cricket coverage is a few of the commentators are extremely one sided towards Australia.

1 Like

watch Star Sports India and you’ll be saying our commentators are Fox News (think about it :stuck_out_tongue: )

Expecting higher ratings for this match than the last couple due to a very tight finish!

Yeah I hate Aussie commenters being too one eyed towards Australia -omg!!!

Common mate, ten allowing mark Waugh to do thunder games?! Now that’s wrong!! Every country commentates cricket to the host nation that is watching - sky uk very one sided to England, star - India. It’s like watching the red button in afl when they have Eddie doing the Collingwood crew. At least there is the ABC To listen too.

I don’t like any commentating that is one sided… I’m allowed to not like it. There are professional commentators that support a team but don’t make it known when commentating. Thats a true professional.

For someone who doesn’t support australia their commentating is extremely annoying. I’ve become my grandfather and am now watching and listining to the radio.

I can’t understand why Nine could not show post-match presentations live on air last night, but could provide videos to Fox Sports News to be shown later or posted on Fox Sports website.

1 Like

Until you put it into words I’d not realised I’d become my grandfather too! No matter the sports event, ABC Local Radio was turned up, TV was muted. Always.

1 Like

Also Michael Clarke is a awful commentator. He stutters and stops/starts too much. Steve Smith is the same with interviews post match. Can’t Cricket Australia give them a few weeks at Toastmasters?

Nine almost never shows the post-match presentations or even trophy presentations at the end of the series unless there’s time left to fill before the next scheduled program. It’s always a race for them to see how quickly they can get off air and explains a lot about how much their cricket coverage has gone downhill over the past few years

1 Like

They only show the post match presentation at the end of test matches now.

Apparately Ray Hadley will no longer be commentating NRL for Nine.

5 Likes

Fantastic news!

Is there a reason why?

Hope this means more Mat Thompson and not Tim Gilbert.

Or could itt open the door for a Vossy return?

One reason might be there are no more second friday games, and since Voss was dumped, Ray rarely commentated on games unless it was the second Friday game.

Someone at leagueunlimited said during this interview Brad Fitler mentions Ray won’t be commentating. I can’t be bothered listening to it to find out