Nine Sports Broadcasting

Or ANY graphics of ANY colour!

Let alone a PICTURE!

1 Like

C’mon…this forum complaints about graphics from a variety of television broadcasts. @Firetorch’s more than entitled to share his critique, regardless of if it is for a charity or now.

Finally some Test cricket after nearly 3 full days of washout. Nine won’t be happy, especially considering all the cricket talk lately has been around the BBL. They passed up the opportunity to secure the BBL and domestic cricket from Fox Sports in 2013.

I think it’s good nine didn’t get the bbl. they wouldn’t have invested in the coverage like ten has and might have done their best to kill it off to protect international cricket.

You can’t say you would prefer channel 9 commentators for the bbl. they give me the shits with their inane ramblings.

5 Likes

They probably would have also played the tournament at an earlier time to suit them as opposed to now which suits the competition.

1 Like

Interesting that the Sydney test was the first time Bill Lawry has commentated outside Melbourne since January 2013.

For those interested the Australian road cycling championships are live on 9gem today simulcast with fox sports.

Interesting on 9gem there’s no wwos watermark.

Yep. Wonder why?

dotless on NBN gem

Any word on Footy Classified airing a special episode tomorrow night to discuss the Essendon/WADA CAS appeal verdict?

Yes there will be a Footy Classified special tonight after the one day cricket match in AFL states.

KP in the combox for nine. It’s been refreshing to hear someone new in the team.

Unfortunately, it’s probably going to be that match only.

Pretty sad Nine can’t/won’t get an Indian in the commentary box considering it’s Australia vs India not England.

I agree, the commentary team needs more balance … they should try to get Harsha Bhogle or someone like that in there

The final two rounds of Kellogg’s Nutri-Grain Ironman Series will be held at Sydney’s North Cronulla Beach this weekend, but the whole series won’t be on TV until the following week (January 24 to be exact) with highlights of round 1, according to the event website. I think the organisers have been dudded by Nine which is unwilling to show the competition live, even on 9Go! or 9Gem. Next summer the organisers should give the rights to Ten or Fox Sports.

Star have brought their own team across but it seems to be supplemented with locals calling for the Macquarie network.

Michael Slater just confirmed that Bill Lawry will be commentating in Melbourne on Sunday. Good news.

That is quite bad. When considering Ten showed the event on the same day and live into some states. Unfortunately I believe there is still many years left on the contract but I agree with you, that another network should be given the rights.

Perhaps Ten let the rights expire because it didn’t rate too well. They might not want them back. I couldn’t imagine a bidding war for the event.

It’s a bit of a meh event.