Nine Sports Broadcasting

Great news. I enjoy Vossy on fox sports.

The annual Allan Border Medal will be held tomorrow (Wednesday) night with a delayed telecast on 9Gem at 8.40pm local time. There has been no mention of the event on Nine’s recent cricket broadcasts as if the network does not care about it anymore. Most of us found out the exact date of this year’s event through yesterday’s papers which reported former fast bowler Jeff Thomson and former wicketkeeper Wally Grout would be inducted into the Australian Cricket Hall of Fame.

Having listened to Thommo’s acceptance speech, it may have been a good thing it’s a delayed telecast.

I feel the commentators have no interest what so ever in the up coming shows on nine. With that and the billboards during the overs I just feel the shows are sloppy and a bit boring. I think nine should have been asking the commentators to have some actual conversation about the shows rather than continuing to read the same synopsis about the show. As annoying as tens commentary team was about I’m a Celeb at least it felt natural.

I’d rather they stuck to talking cricket

2 Likes

True. I’m not sure producers at nine would feel the same way. I just hate the fact these billboards, that sometimes have to put on twice because the audio is out, are halfway through an over and the commentators seem more annoyed about them rather than excited about them.

1 Like

Veteran producer Max Sheerlock is leaving after taking charge of Nine’s cricket coverage for more than 30 years.
The commentators made no mention whether Nine would show the World Twenty20 cricket tournament in India in March. Does that viewers will miss out unless they subscribe to Foxtel?

I think the commentators are a bit old school in that they didn’t always have to do them and subsequently view it as time wasted when they could be talking cricket. Ten’s team is new to the business and know that is what expected. Really, you could try to tell the commentators to be more excited or find shows that they would be genuinely interested in promoting.

Foxtel hasn’t got the rights (yet). It’s an anti-siphoned event so Foxtel will need Ten. Interesting to see how that unfolds.

Nine’s contract expired last year. Viewers won’t miss out as anti-siphoning laws say that matches involving Australia must be shown on FTA, including the final for ICC Twenty20 World Cup.
As per here Federal Register of Legislation Home Page

9Gem will show highlights of the first four stages of this year’s Herald Sun Tour cycling event, which starts at Melbourne CBD this evening. Highlights will generally be at 11.30pm. 9Gem will show the fifth and final stage live on Sunday from midday AEDT.

3 Likes

Well, another article posted elsewhere seem to debunk that vid. Could be wrong

On behalf of all league fans - I hope you’re right and Hadley is not doing NRL on Nine. He;s better suited to radio.

Fox sports been advertising they will have their own commentary teams for nine produced games of league. So that’s good news… There will be no need to listen to nine outside of the state of origin and grand final.

Also has there been any news on the ICC t20 World Cup? No rights renewal has been announced by fox or nine. I saw on some website that nine and fox have the rights but no press releases anywhere.

No media released received regarding ICC.

Or Ten. Last time back in 2012 it got really close as the deal was announced on August 28 2012 which was like 3 weeks to go until the ICC tournament started.

We should hear something about it real soon.

Story about Yvonne Sampson finding out about her grandmother’s past.

9Gem will simulcast Fox Sports’ coverage of NBL Grand Final series between Perth Wildcats and New Zealand Breakers. Game 1 is in Perth on Wednesday, with Game 2 in Auckland on Friday and Game 3 (if required) in Perth on Sunday. However we still don’t have telecast details yet. According to advanced guides, game 2 will be shown live in Sydney and Brisbane but delayed in Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth after the NRL.

UPDATE: the NBL has confirmed on its website that only game 2 will be simulcast live on 9Gem, from 5.30pm AEDT on Friday. So if game 3 is required then FTA viewers will miss out.

1 Like

9Gem isn’t showing game 1 at all. Before NRL not after.