Nine Sports Broadcasting

I’m looking forward to hearing Rabs call the tennis. Should stave off retirement for a couple of years.

Mark Woodfoode is another one. No doubt they’ll wheel Fred Stolle out again for another 5 years.

Far too early. Take it easy, champ. Half the people you named could be dead by 2020.

2 Likes

Sam Newman is flying to the US to cover the Masters golf tournament for Nine, however it means he has to pull out of the race to become the Lord Mayor of Melbourne. The tournament runs from April 5-8 which coincides with nominations for the May 11 by-election, and rules stipulate candidates must be physically present to nominate.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/footy-show-host-sam-newman-pulls-out-of-mayoral-race/news-story/0c44ab7e8244b52c6918aa8d1fbe7b62

Michael Slater, maybe as anchor?? - after all they have used him on Sports Sunday/WWOS and The NRL Footy Show

Or even or Emma Freedman (if they want to attract females) (again Sports Sunday WWOS)

The ideal would be If they could bring Ken Sutcliffe out of retirement for 1 to 2 years, that may also help things if they pair him up with whoever they choose to host it long term could work too. Not sure if that could/would happen, but being a 4 to 5 week window each year, it still is possible, maybe not likely though as they try and re-build WWOS without him

Another option could be Mark Nicholas (although he is tied to cricket, he has hosted light entertainment in the UK, so if not as a actual host, maybe something will be produced like the Golf Show and Cricket Show… called The Tennis Show)

That was never going to happen.

3 Likes

So who’s going to fill in for Sam Newman for the Footy Show. I know Rebecca Maddern has left to go on maternity leave. Maybe Clint Stanaway?

They have enough regular panellists to rotate. It will be either Shane Crawford or Bill Brownless.

A horrible thought just struck me seeing his name there. What if they use him in their tennis coverage?

The day Tennis dies…

Maybe I’ll just watch it on TVNZ instead.

2 Likes

Maybe Nine are going for the “horny male looking up female tennis player’s skirts” demographic? :rofl:

He’d be perfect. :face_vomiting:

Caps of Nine’s telecast of the Masters Golf this morning on 9Gem. Note the WWOS bug on the top left side to not interfere with the graphics:

4 Likes

Nine has applied to register the trademark 100% Tennis. Already planning the coverage.

So they aren’t going to onsell games to Fox then? You wouldn’t claim to be ‘100% tennis’ without actually having 100% of the tennis, although knowing this is exactly what they will claim…

They don’t have 100% of the footy…

7 Likes

It just means the program using that trademark is 100% Tennis, not that they have ALL of the tennis

3 Likes

imageNine have mentioned this morning, with great sadness the passing of Darrell Eastlakes.

He was loud, at times over the top but had a passion for sport that got me hooked!
RIP Darrell Eastlake!! “Oh it’s HUGE!!”

7 Likes

Story on Nine News tonight.

5 Likes

tennis on nine is gonna suck. no great commentators, no good on screen graphics. Seven owns the tennis, it has always been on 7.

Suncorp Super Netball

The supercharged second season of Suncorp Super Netball will broadcast LIVE and FREE on NINE and 9NOW – returning with round one on Saturday, April 28, from 3.00pm AEST on Nine.

Suncorp Super Netball in 2018 will offer more access to the nation’s best netballers, some of whom join the competition straight from their success at the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games.

Diehard fans can get behind their state and enjoy four live matches on Saturdays from 3.00pm and Sundays from 1.00pm on Nine, 9Now, and Telstra TV to complete a huge weekend of sport on Nine.

The Nine Network will also broadcast the Quad Series resuming in September and the Constellation Cup and Fast5 Netball World Series in October.

Hosting all the action for Suncorp Super Netball will be Clint Stanaway, Jayne Azzopardi, Aislin Kriukelis and Warren Tredrea.

They will be joined by an expert commentary team including Australian netball legends Liz Ellis, Anne Sargeant, Cath Cox, Sharelle McMahon, Clare McMeniman and Sue Gaudion.

Courtside reporters will include Julie Snook, Alexis Daish, Carrie-Anne Greenbank, Michael Atkinson, Jack Berketa and Paddy Sweeney.

Nine’s Executive Producer of Netball, Keeley Devery, said: “The spotlight is well and truly on netball following the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games success, and with the added move to Nine from 9Gem, I couldn’t be more excited for the season ahead.”

Former Australian captain and Nine commentator Liz Ellis said: “I cannot wait to call the action on Nine’s Suncorp Super Netball for another year. It’s so exciting to see netball going from strength to strength and reaching more fans every year.”

Nine’s inaugural broadcast of Suncorp Super Netball in 2017 delivered sellout crowds, exceptional ratings and a new legion of fans, plus an action-packed Grand Final which saw the Sunshine Coast Lightning defeat Giants Netball 65-48.

Suncorp Super Netball will also be broadcast via 9Now, Telstra TV and the Netball Live app.
Fans will get all the latest news at Netball news, highlights, replays & breaking headlines – Wide World of Sports.

SUNCORP SUPER NETBALL: ROUND ONE BROADCAST SCHEDULE: