Nine (Southern Cross)

So you don’t like the ABC News channel’s way, changing the colours of their text from white on blue to black on yellow? It seems to work well to highlight there’s something more important than usual.

Dunno, it’s a bit hard to tell from over the ditch…

My point was only that it was a public warning, not a news banner, so should have stood out as being different from the news.

Another Bushfire Emergency Scroll.

Typo:

3 Likes

I think those colours are ok if it’s a heads up type warning but if it’s an emergency warning they definitely need to be bigger however one thing which is really not on for these types of situations is the web address being wrong. RSF instead of RFS.

4 Likes

Yeah that’s pretty shocking - when it’s this important, it’s vital to get it right.

3 Likes

I’m surprised they don’t do full-screen updates with the Standard Emergency Warning Signal attached during the ad breaks with a Bushfire Emergency Warning issued.

They manage to do full-screen cyclone warning with SEWS in NQ when a cyclone is threatening. They should be able to do the same in a bushfire emergency.

NQ Cyclone Emergency advise from SC9 earlier this year:

4 Likes

Drove past this building over the weekend and noticed the big yellow Nine logo has been replaced with a standard blue one… and that the 9Life logo has now been added to the building further along.

2 Likes

Blue on blue… Interesting choice. Would have thought they would have gone white.

1 Like

Yeah, it certainly looked odd.

The Nine logo has changed colour and remained in the same location, but they’ve moved the 9Gem logo over to the left, moved the 9Go! logo up to align with the others and added the 9Life logo to the right of where the 9Go! is in the photo.

The previous logos (as shown above) had only been in place for about 12 months, so it’s weird that they’ve changed them already.

No HD watermark on SC9 this afternoon…

They should also have a Sonlife logo on there! :smiley:

1 Like

Well true, but I’d think there would be users on here that would burn the building down if they done that.

2 Likes

Christ… don’t give them ideas

6 Likes

It’s a pity SCA couldn’t have switched feeds for the night in QLD… there’s really no need for us to have Brisbane’s Riverfire airing in Regional QLD.

What, not one big happy sunshine state? :wink:

There’d be enough potential for trouble overnight with daylight savings starting (except here of course), and SCA don’t seem interested in going to go to any extra effort (in general).

1 Like

SCA will have to go to some effort overnight tonight in QLD anyway though.

They only take the Sydney feed for 9Life, so whenever DST starts, SCA have to air one hour of filler themselves on 9Life to catch the time back up before they switch back to airing a 1-hour delay of the Sydney feed.

I remember recording that last year and noticed that SCA’s playout of one hour of filler featured no PRG, watermark, or programme promos at all… not even a fade out to ad break, just a hard cut.
I’ll be recording again tonight to see what happens.

2 Likes

You’d imagine it’d be easier to switch to the 9Life Brisbane feed; or are the ads on SCA’s 9Life all national?

I’m honestly not sure about the ads on SCA 9Life.

Given that there’s no news or sporting programming shown on 9Life, in reality it is easier for them to just take the one feed of it to air in all their markets, rather than taking a whole seperate feed.

It just creates a minor issue for them for one-hour every 6 months.

2 Likes

Watched a bit of SCA 9Life tonight to try and get some idea regarding this.

It’s a statewide feed - I saw ads for businesses in Wide Bay, Central QLD, North QLD markets within the ad breaks.

One ad break I just saw made me feel like I was watching something on 9Now… in the one 3-minute ad break, SCA showed the exact same ad 5 times! (What the hell!!)

2 Likes

Thanks; so I guess SC9 don’t get much advertising on 9Life, but could use the Brisbane feed instead of the Sydney one… well whatever they’re going to do, they’ll need to in about 20 mn.

1 Like