Nine (Southern Cross)

Well SCA just violated their affiliate agreement :open_mouth:

Just watching the NRL on SC9 in Townsville and the football suddenly disappeared and The Graham Norton Show came up for 5 seconds with full Ten branding.

Disappeared before I could press record on the PVR.

13 Likes

In Soviet Russia, channels surf you!

5 Likes

Ha ha ha ha :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

Thatā€™s GOLD.

I wonder what happens if we leave a recorder running 24/7 on SC9 :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

2 Likes

Bruce is already on the phone to NEC!!!

2 Likes

Or the lawyersā€¦

How do they still have a feed to Ten?

Northern NSW (before it goes to WIN) and Regional SA/Broken Hill.

4 Likes

NNSW SC10.

1 Like

Actually, a couple of days ago, I was listening to 507.875 (Yarra Trams PA system) when I head an ad popup for about 2 seconds advertising School Foot Insoles then the transmission ended.

Iā€™ve heard other things like the chime from the Windows 7 volume control.

Weird :blush::blush::blush:

Do they stream online? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yeah! Would be boring to go through all that and find nothing though!

I really wish I got a recording of it.
Clearly a big mistake with their playout, switching to Ten programming for a few seconds, and it was an AEDT timezone feed.

Whatever it was, the HD bug from 9 WWOS disappeared straight away as soon as it switched, and then when it switched back to 9, the HD bug didnā€™t reappear for a few minutes.

4 Likes

Nope :grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:, all listened in by a FM Radio / Scanner,

OT, but not as bad as the time the entire east coast Nine Network stations aired ABCā€™s Rage for a little while a few years ago. Someone in the Network presentation suite was watching and switched it to air. Might have been Kidā€™s WB at the time? Nine MCR threw up a test pattern over it.

4 Likes

I also remember that a Nine promo aired on a Foxtel channel in around 2011??

There was also a time that Masterchef Australia promos aired on Lifestyle with full Ten branding.

1 Like

Do SCA playout Ten Darwin and Ten Central?

This reminds me of a Saturday Night on fox sports years ago the nrl was on and a player got a injury that was very graphic and fox cut away and showed a live feed of Perth Ch 9. No dots on watermark.
So of all the channels Foxtel picked 9 Perth.

2 Likes

Yes. There are 4 regions with an SCA Ten affiliate at present.

4 Likes

I think I actually might remember that one from 2009, although an STW-9 Perth testcard was shown I think the feed shown was of Adelaideā€™s Channel Nine with their ā€œ50 Yearsā€ watermark of the time.

1 Like

Yes your probably right that makes sense thanks. :grinning: Even 2GB praised fox at the time for breaking away from telecast I think GB were calling the game of TV.

1 Like

In Canberra SCA is still broadcasting nothing on channel 55, the program info still has ā€œTo be advisedā€. If there are no plans for this channel they should get rid of it.

3 Likes