Nine (Southern Cross)

9HD Wollongong using the CC bug instead of the HD bug… not sure if it’s happening in other markets or it’s just Wollongong?

4 Likes

Wtf? That’s a weird one.

2 Likes

Yes happening in Central West as well. ???

Who are they wishing happy birthday to?

It’s still there now at 2:45am. Same-frame grabs from Nine Sydney and Wollongong for comparison:

4 Likes

Looks like the same one Seven used in the early 2000s.

a lot of times on news supers, NBN News has their own horrible “CC” bug come up top left of screen - it has never made an appearance at any other time, pre or post changing to Nine.

Every time a super comes up with a name or information, the “CC” appears. Happens maybe 2 times a week

But the real question is… Are those programs really close captioned?

Wasn’t occurring on Nine (TDT), I checked after the first post but no sign of it at all.

Playout problem? for SC 9 Queensland today

7 Likes

Wow, those levels of face pixilation are usually reserved for the Supreme Court! :wink:

8 Likes

Well at least that static is still in HD!

2 Likes

Yes - the important info still got through!.

2 Likes

Just saw (at 21:25 AEDT) the (awesome new) 9News Melbourne promo on 9HD Canberra… I guess someone at CTC (SC9) stuffed up - I’d have expected the 9News Canberra starts Monday promo - but I was also surprised they’re using the Melbourne feed rather than the Sydney one.

2 Likes

Nine Wollongong currently running on Nine Melbourne’s feed for some reason.

Proof:

10 Likes

As I’m sure @zampakid can tell you, SCA Nine have used the Melbourne feed on their NSW/ACT stations for brief periods before. Presumably due to issues with the Sydney feed for whatever reason.

1 Like

But then both feeds come out of Sydney anyway, so that sounds quite odd… ?

1 Like

It could just be a mistake, or something like this was coming down the Sydney feed…

…but in either case at this point SC9 should be replacing the 9News promos with the appropriate local bulletin promo for Canberra & Illawarra.

3 Likes

Just as you said that, Nine Wollongong just aired their local news promo.

4 Likes

Here we had the noodle news update; I’ll be glad to see the back of them!

2 Likes