Nine (Southern Cross)

That was an awesome ad.
If SCA can make ads to that quality, why are their custom-made Nine ads they make so shit!

2 Likes

It’s been running for a while now, and as job applications close (and so this commercial will stop airing) 3 weeks before Nine News Canberra is due to start, I think SCA were fine using those images.

1 Like

Has anyone ever seen a tv commercial
Or airtime being given to a job opening?

Never seen that in my life

A few times over the years also in Canberra, for more technical roles if I remember correctly.
I think last time I saw it was on Southern Cross Ten (same station prior to the affiliation change of course), and ages ago on WIN or Prime (back when they presented news locally) were advertising for graduates to apply.
It’s the difference between a busy high population-density area (Sydney/Melbourne/etc.) where every available second on-air is already sold & worth much more than in a smaller population area like Canberra or even smaller regional areas, so the stations will sometimes pad out their ad breaks with more promos, community service announcements, and sometimes their own commercials like this one.

1 Like

Repeatedly on Southern Cross Ten. Can’t say I ever saw Prime or WIN do it.

Not on any of the metro’s.

But Seven are running some kind of advertising campaign with testimonials and a website.

Never heard of such a thing! So odd. Airtime must be cheap.

Regional TV have some promotions never seen in metro areas. Take these from SCA

1 Like

Awful ads.

It’s just the networks filling out their unsold airtime, so it’s free. It could even be argued that airtime isn’t cheap enough if they can’t sell it all!

There’s also the tactical thing of not lowering the price just to get more commercials which would devalue their service, and it is the traditionally quiet (‘non-ratings’) time of year.

SCA Rockhampton’s 9 signage

12 Likes

i noticed SCN Nine hasn’t had their Indent. usually between programs for quite a while looks like they done like They did when they were with ten ?

Do you mean the SC star logo thing, or the Nine logo?
Plus perhaps they now drop the IDs to pop in another ad? (I guess they’ve got more ads to show now they’re Nine, than when they were Ten, but they also play a bunch of Nine’s promos & ads, like the Nine.com.au one, a lot.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBTKf7f48cA < that’s what I meant

1 Like

Yeah the Nine ident; I saw it quite a bit in July-August, but less so recently.
Given SC9 basically run a dirty feed, are Nine still showing it lots in Sydney/Melbourne/etc?

last saw it on New years day on SC9 regional Vic

Where? (SC9? Sydney? Melbourne?..)

I suspect they’ve replaced the ident with the Nine.com.au promos, given how often and when they appear. God knows why.

This wasn’t clear enough?

Thanks.

It didn’t say at the time (so must’ve been added in an edit after I posted).