Nine (Southern Cross)

Just One at this stage?

Yep. That’s the only one i’ve seen so far.

Whats wrong with that, people complain when SC don’t do there own thing and then complain when they do. I have not seen the full promo but that end board looks ok

7 Likes

I dread to think how much on screen junk Nine will put on screen over the beautifully filmed Planet Earth.

The EPG for Nine in Townsville tonight is wrong.
It lists
6.30 Third Test - Australia V South Africa
8.45 Swordfish

Was there a late change, or have SCA screwed up?

Also, the Nine.com.au TV ad has started getting some high rotation on SCAs Radio stations here recently i’ve noticed

Nine Melbourne have had the cricket listed for this evening too.

1 Like

Because the cricket finished early

a day early though. Epg would normally be updated by then wouldn’t it?

no i checked when it would been day 5 and still listed cricket

NBN also still often lists Test cricket on its EPG when the game had finished a day early.

Though Nine Sydney is usually pretty good at updating it quickly. I don’t recall any instances of them displaying incorrect/outdated programming on its EPG.

1 Like

[quote=“EyewitnessTV, post:1697, topic:1198, full:true”]Seeing a heap of 9Life promos during watching the highlights of the Third Test of the cricket from last night. Too bad viewers won’t be able to watch these as 9Life does not exist locally yet SCA. :roll_eyes:[/quote]Too bad if I or anyone wanted to watch this SCA (and not through 9Now). Why do they keep running 9Life promos locally all of a sudden?

4 Likes

Dirty feed?

Nine has been airing more 9Life promos on the main channel recently

Same issue on the WIN Nine SA feeds to a degree; also no 9Life since the affiliation swap

Should be more effort trying to stop these filtering through if the channel isn’t going to be returned

9Life can be viewed nationally via 9Now on desktop, devices and Apple TV.

I don’t see a problem with Nine (SC) running promos
For the network

FTA viewing drops over summer and cable and streaming surges. They are probably trying to counter balance that by promoting channels
Other than Nine

1 Like

I would have thought if SC was promoting 9Life via 9now to Tasmanian viewers, there might have been some mention in the promo of how to tune in - and “free to air” would seem to imply that it is broadcast.

8 Likes

SC don’t really care about putting special messages like that to air,

All they care about is just relaying a dirty 9 feed like a radio repeater just with different LCN’s and ‘Noodle News Updates’

Yes I agree. Promos should be tagged with how to tune in.

"The Real Housewives of New York. Monday 8.30
On 9Life

Watch 9Life on 9Now.com.au

Or download the app to stream live "

They are dirty ads. That’s why they are coming through. The question is why Southern Cross and TDT aren’t airing other promos in lieu? As melbournefan said, they don’t seem to give a toss.

4 Likes

[quote=“xyz223, post:1713, topic:1198, full:true”]
Dirty feed?[/quote][quote=“Aurora, post:1718, topic:1198, full:true”]
They are dirty ads. That’s why they are coming through. The question is why Southern Cross and TDT aren’t airing other promos in lieu? As melbournefan said, they don’t seem to give a toss.[/quote]I’m not so sure it is. 9Life promos are airing all too often to be all mistakes. Plus it’s all too seamless for SCA with no dirty ads coming through at all. I would be fully expecting to catch glimpses of Melbourne ads if they were all dirty from 9 Melbourne - which happens when other timing errors occur.

[quote=“TV.Cynic, post:1715, topic:1198, full:true”]
I would have thought if SC was promoting 9Life via 9now to Tasmanian viewers, there might have been some mention in the promo of how to tune in - and “free to air” would seem to imply that it is broadcast.
[/quote]Yes, totally. Would make sense but we all know what SCA can be like.

Ad timings on 9Go!'s live simulcast of the U.S Survivor Final are terrible.

Every ad break has started/ended about 1-2 seconds late and then the break that just aired started about 1 minute after the metro break, and then returned mid-sentence in the program.

2 Likes

Typical SCA!